Chapter 13- Why Do I Bother With Band Practices?

"Window shopping." Cheryl suggested.

A smile spread across my lips as I replied,

"Why not?"

And so both of us made our way to the parking lot, got in Cheryl's car and drove off to the nearest mall.

Turns out Sean and Cameron hadn't planned anything for today either. In the morning, Cameron had dropped by to ask what we wanted to do and Hayley and Cedric had said that they really wanted to go for a paintball game and so Cameron had taken them for one. I had almost been a part of the plan till Cheryl had called, saying that she was going for a random drive through town. And remembering my promise to always give her company till I was around, I had dumped the paintball plans.

So now both of us had been treating ourselves to nice sweet cinnamon rolls when Cheryl had suggested the idea of window shopping. After two shopping trips, my wallet was pretty much empty and I still had half the vacation to go. So the phrase 'window shopping' was like music to my ears.

We entered the mall, flaunting our Gucci bags (mine was actually a borrowed one from Cheryl), looking like heiresses to some billion dollars-per-month business. Basically, full swag. Or, at least on my part, trying to look that way. Thanks to my mediocre surburbian upbringing, which I was extremely proud of don't get me wrong, I was kind of beating around the bush as I tried to act rich. But I think I have said it before, my dramatic skills could put many to shame. And so I walked on with my head held high, confident that I was going to make any stranger believe I was as blue-blooded as Princess Diana.

I had already told Cheryl in the car about my little idea for fun while window shopping and the excited gleam in her eyes had said she approved. So yes, we were heavily painted (ahem, covered in make up) ladies on a mission.

We went into the first boutique we deemed fit for the execution of my cruel idea and I spotted our first victim salesgirl

"How can I help you?" She asked, a fake smile stuck with superglue on her face. Did I ever tell you about my dislike for the salesgirls who gave off the aura of pretended happiness and looked like they were internally plotting your murder? Well, she looked just like one of those lovelies.

"We're looking for nice cocktail dresses." I said, with a fake British accent. I just loved faking accents! I believed it added to the whole act. With another accent, another look, you could embrace another character more easily.

"Right this way then." The salesgirl led us to wherever the cocktail dresses were, "Here, I personally think you would dazzle in this." She said, handing me a teal dress.

Cheryl wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"That is so old-fashioned." She spoke like a typical rich spoiled brat.

"Umm, then maybe this one is more like your style?" The salesgirl showed us another dress, this one a gorgeous sleveless peach one.

"Uggh no. Peach makes me look fat." I complained.