Chapter 43- Sickeningly Sweet Like Honey

"Cheryl...what?!" Cameron stuttered as Cheryl observed the table mat and Dave turned redder by the second.

"Nothing, umm she uhh don't-"

"Skye. Shut. Up." Cheryl mumbled.

I clamped my mouth shut. The awkward tension in the room rose so high that I could feel its stinging needles. I looked at Hayley, who was struggling to contain her laughter.

That immature actress. She would be the death of us. Didn't she know that execution of pranks was as important as the planning?

Thankfully Cheryl was keeping up her pretend well. Either she was an amazing actor like me, or the pointed stares of everyone were making her nervous. Anyways, she looked just like someone whose crush secret was out.

We were making Dave so uncomfortable, I almost pitied him.

"Cheryl, Dave, you guys should talk about this. Preferably alone." Sean managed to say. His voice was so quiet that I had to strain my ears to hear him.

A loud howl of laughter ended our prank. I glared at Hayley who could barely hold herself upright from the laughter.

Idiot.

Cheryl cracked up as well. I was the only one who had an idea about what was going on, but wasn't laughing. The others continued to stare at us like they had when I had blurted. But now confusion was etched across their faces as well.

"You...guys...your...faces...damn..." Hayley squeaked out as she clutched her sides.

Her reaction brought a grin to my face, too. Their faces had been hilarious, especially Dave's, who looked like he's just seen his Geography teacher do a striptease.

"I was just kidding. Another prank." I confessed, to clear the doubts in everyone's heads.

Alex was the first to crack up, followed by the others. Everyone except Dave chuckled, either lightly or heartily, amused by our little prank.

"Stupid Hayley." I grumbled.

"Sorry, it was too hard not to laugh." She said.

"How many more pranks have you got up your sleeves?" Alex asked.

"As if we'd tell." I retorted, sticking out my tongue at him.

"I'm so proud of you, Blue. Annoying everyone like this is amazing." Cameron remarked sarcastically.

"I know right!" I pretended to not have noticed the sarcasm in his voice.

He shook his head, bemused, while the others cracked up again.

"Dave is still shell-shocked, awww." Sean said, pulling the attention of everyone to the slightly pink Dave, who didn't join the giggles.

We all laughed again, and Cheryl pinched his cheeks.

The rest of the day, as well as the next, were spent in pranks and laughs just like this. From stealing phones, to blackmailing with the rain dance video, we annoyed the boys to no end. From temporarily giving them all blue hair, to adding spices to their desserts and sugar to their pasta, we were chased down hallways and greeted with profanities more than what can be considered normal. Time was flying way faster than it should have.

On our third night in HV, as I settled down to sleep in Cameron's bed, I realised that I had just two more days left before I flew back to Detroit.

A heavy weight settled in my stomach.

"Finally regretting annoying us?" Cameron joked as he got in bed, pulling the duvet over us.

"No." I murmured.