Chapter 10- My Teddy Is Too Cute

"What the-" Sean exclaimed, before launching off into a series of guffaws. And slowly everyone joined. Everyone, except Cameron.

I watched him, as I laughed, wiping off the blue paint from his eyes and mouth.

"You are dead, Blue." He said.

"That's right! You are dead blue." I said, laughing.

He shot me a serious look before grabbing the nearest paintbrush and splashing yellow paint over me.

The others too grabbed a brush and within minutes, we were in the middle of a full, blown-out paint fight. It felt like I was back in the paintball arena, except this time, I had nothing to protect me from the paint.

Splash! Splat! Splash!

Paint flew around like crazy. Cameron grabbed my waist and rubbed tons of green paint in my hair. In return, I painted his face red. We were all laughing like crazy, running around like we'd get an Olympic medal as we painted each other.

I noticed that our canvasses were also getting their own share of paint. Random handprints and tons of paint drops were all over the canvas sheets. But I didn't have time to admire our accidental handiwork much as Alex splashed grey and orange paint at me. Don't worry, he got yellow splatterings in return.

We screamed, we howled, we laughed, we played. It was so much fun. I dipped my hands in brown and pink paint cans and then smacked random people, listening to them reply with screams.

"What in the world is going on here!!??"

That one voice paused time. I turned around to see Cameron's mom in the doorway, looking harassed to say the least.

"Umm we were just playing." Cameron replied meekly.

"Playing with paint? You told me you would be painting! It looks like World War 3 happened here! Who's gonna clean up the mess, Cameron!?"

"Mom, there's not gonna be a mess. I put sheets and newspapers everywhere."

That's when I noticed that Cameron had actually covered the entire basement with black tarp and newspapers. Even Cameron's mom just noticed it too. She looked around the basement in awe.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't notice that honey! That's a very good job you did. Then well there's no reason for me to be the rain on your parade. Have fun! But don't get hurt." She said.

"What's the matter here, Cara?" I heard footsteps and soon another figure was seen in the doorway. I guessed that the person was Cameron's dad.

He stepped in and took a paintbrush from Sean's hand as Cameron explained that we were just playing around with paint. He even introduced Hayley, Cedric and me as his new friends. I thought Cameron was in deep trouble given the serious look on his dad's face. Looks like my celebration of his mom being okay with our impromptu paint game would be cancelled.