Chapter 8- Truth and Dare Games Reveal Too Much

Next morning, as I gobbled up scrambled eggs and toast, Hayley told me that Sean had been wondering about what to do today.

"Well I'm kind of tired, so I don't wanna do anything hectic." I told her.

"I still can't believe you went paintballing without me! You know even my parents didn't allow me to go to Jay's bash."

A few months ago, Jay Landler, one of our friends in school, had invited everyone to a paintball game as a part of his birthday celebrations. But mine and Hayley's parents had forbidden us from going as they were sure we would get hurt. No amount of convincing had worked. Hayley's parents had given her almost full independence and rarely grounded her for doing something silly or forbade her from attending crazy parties. But the rare times that they did forbid her, she had no choice but to listen.

"I know, Hay. I'm sorry. It just slipped my mind. I was too excited." I tried to justify myself.

"So excited that you forgot your best friend!"

"I'm really sorry!"

I thought she was going to kill me. But she just grinned instead. Why did everyone love teasing me so much?

"Its okay, chill. I had an amazing time with Sean!" She said.

I raised my eyebrows.

"So..." I asked, "Where did you guys go?"

"For his band's practice. They are amazing! They performed like a billion beautiful songs for me! And when Sean found out that even I sing, we performed duets. His band mates are such honeys!"

"That's awesome! I need to hear the band someday then. What do they call themselves?"

"Sean said they're still working on it, but they might go with 'Lost Tunes'."

"Cool!"

"I know, right! Its simply brilliant!"

"So where should we go today?" She asked me again.

"I don't know."

My phone rang and I went to pick it up. It was an unknown number calling but I had an excellent hunch about who it was.

"Hey Blue! How's it going?"

There, I just passed my detective training classes.

"Its going great." I said, half-heartedly.

"So, in a mood for something crazy today, or something chilled out?"

"Chilled out."

"Thank you for saying that. 'Cuz that was on my mind, too. But then again, had you said crazy, I would have convinced you to just relax today."

"Okay, okay. So what are your plans?"

"Umm, how about just hanging out at the park?"

"Okay."