Chapter 17- More Problems

"So the situation is somewhat like this." Cameron started,

"When Sean wanted to start a band, Adam and Felix joined him readily. Both of them were interested in music and it just kinda suited the three to form a triplet and perform together. Dave found out from Adam about the band and wanted to join. Now Dave and I are about as close friends as a deer and a lion. He's a douchebag. And he hates me for some reason I'm never gonna bother asking about.

So obviously when Dave told Sean he wanted to join, Sean refused. But then Dave's dad is like some important dude in the school's investors council. So then Sean faced a dilemma.

Dave's dad created a blackmail kind of situation for Sean. If Dave was a part of Sean's band, the band had school support. That meant full permission for using the music room for band practice at all times, literally, even 3am in the morning was okay. And school support also meant free instruments.

But if Dave wasn't in the band, no school support. Credit where credit is due, Dave is talented. He can play the guitar well and has a decent voice. And the only reason Sean refused him was for my sake. So obviously for his band's sake I told Sean to not care about mine and Dave's beautiful loving relationship.

And smooth sailing ensued. Though Dave, being the amazing person he is, blackmailed Sean with threats of leaving the band quite often, Sean managed. But now, 'cuz I yelled at him and then you punched him, Dave has quit the band."

I rolled my eyes and Hayley smacked her forehead with her hand.

"Would strangling Dave help matters?" I asked.

"I wish it did, Blue. I would have gladly done the honours." Cameron said.

"So no school support for the band now?" Hayley asked.

"That's not a big problem. All of them have their own instruments and Felix's parents don't mind them practising in their basement." Cameron replied.

"Then?"

"Problem is that there's a big competition next week and these guys have been practising together since ages. With Dave gone, the band has to start practice from scratch and there isn't enough time."

"Then why don't we talk to Dave and convince him to not quit?" I suggested.

"Blue, its Dave. He's the biggest asshole on this planet. He told Sean that only if both of us apologized to him for our 'misbehaviour' he would 'consider' the option of joining the band back."

I sighed and said,

"Then we'll apologize. No big deal."

Cameron looked at me strangely, like I had grown a third eye or something.

"You are okay with the idea of apologising to a guy who had plans to play with your feelings, apologise when you haven't even done anything wrong?" He asked.

"Well, I did almost break his nose."

"Its justified given the shit he said. And its not like you actually broke it though."

"There's Sean's band on the line. A not-so-heart-felt-sorry won't kill us both."

"I don't mind apologising. I have done it every time we argued or fought and then he threatened to leave the band. Its not something new for me."

"He's such a sissy." Hayley remarked. "I can so imagine him like one of those filthy rich, spoilt kids that cry at everything."

I laughed because I could see Dave like that, too.