Chapter 37 (part 2)- I Want To Bury Myself

okay so warning beforehand, this chapter is not edited...plz excuse typos n grammatical errors...it will be edited soon...thank u...now enjoy...

******

"SKYE MILLER, GET BACK HERE!!"

I heard Hayley shout behind me after swearing the f-word.

But I didn't stop. What all had just transpired made me want to dig a hole and bury myself and stay there forever.

When I got outside, I stood next to the door, leaning against the wall, trying to catch my breath and if possible, collect my thoughts. My thoughts were such a muddle I doubted whether I even knew my right from my left anymore.

"Skye! What in the world was that?" Hayley demanded.

I looked up to see her standing next to me, furious to say the least.

"I-I-I made a mistake, Hay. That wasn't supposed to happen." I fumbled, not knowing how to describe it.

Hayley's expressions softened when she saw me in that state- more confused than a goat that discovers he's the love child of a deer and a lion.

And that's probably the alcohol talking. Maybe Hayley was right. Alcohol did suck. It made me do something I wasn't supposed to, then it messed around with my brain, turned it to jelly and now I wanted to sit in a corner and weep.

"Skye, why do you say that it wasn't supposed to happen? Don't tell me you don't know how much you like Cam." Hayley said.

"I do. I mean I know I like him. Like really like him. He's so sweet and caring, and he's always looking out for me. Always. But both of us together? That could never happen." I said.

"Why?"

"We live miles apart. I mean what happens after this vacation ends, huh? When I go back to Michigan, what happens to us then? I don't think I'm ready for long-distance relationships. It just doesn't make sense in my head."

The reply I got was a slap across my face.

"Owww!!" I screamed, holding my stinging cheek in my hand, "What the hell was that for?"

"Those are the stupidest things you've ever said. And you have said some pretty stupid things in the past. Now, you're gonna shut up and listen to me. Like, stay quiet for five minutes. Else I'm gonna slap you again. I'm not kidding."

That threat made me stay quiet.

"First, I'm gonna ask you some questions. The only words leaving your mouth should be an answer to my questions. Comprende?" Hayley said,

I nodded silently. I felt like I was being grilled by the FBI or CIA or Interpol or some agency of that sort for committing some heinous crime.

"So, what's my name?" She asked.

Yep, definitely felt like some criminal tribunal situation here. Interrogation was on.

"Hayley Sharp." I answered, rolling my eyes as I did the same.

"What's your name?"

"Skye Miller." I replied, exasperated.

"Good. So that means that the alcohol hasn't completely brain-washed you." Hayley declared.

I smacked my hand to my forehead.

"One bottle of beer doesn't give you amnesia." I told her.

"Skye, I'm serious when I say I'm gonna slap you again. Shut up."