Chapter Ten part One

Chapter's song: Stitches by Shawn Mendes

The next morning, I woke up extra early and made a small happy dance as I closed the bathroom's door. Seth would have to wait for me today. Victory was sweet.

Five minutes later, he started to bang on the door incessantly, giving me a freaking headache. However, I took longer, just because.

Seth finally gave up and left me alone as I finished styling my hair in a tight ponytail. The new chef coats would arrive and they included a sort of net to wear on the head. There was no point in trying to style my hair in anything else but a ponytail.

When I reached the kitchen, I could hear Seth munching cereal before I even walked inside the room. He poured it on the salad bowl I'd forgotten to put away yesterday.

I rolled my eyes. "Good morning!" I sang in a mocking tone.

Seth glared at me. His hair was spiky and higher on the left side of his head. "We need a new bathroom." He frowned, "Or maybe a bathroom schedule or something."

Shaking my head, I grabbed a banana out of the fruit bowl. "We tried that, remember?" I started to peel the banana, "It didn't work out because you changed it as you pleased."

He shrugged. "It worked out for me." Little crumbs fell out of his mouth as he talked.

I blinked at him. "Of course it worked out for you. I was the one who never had the bathroom. And stop talking, it's gross."

Juno's stepped inside the room. "Kids, be nice to each other."

"Jessica is such a meanie!" Seth whined.

I finished my banana and threw the peel towards him, smacking him right on the face since his hands were occupied with the large bowl.

"See!" he shouted at Juno who was reading one of the cookbooks. I snickered.

"I'm not cleaning that up!" He scowled before placing his bowl on the sink and storming out of the room before Juno noticed the peel on the floor.

"You're such a baby," I trailed after he left. I picked up the banana and threw it on the trash.

"Do say hello to Bryan for me, would you?" Juno smiled dreamily, "Maybe you should bring him a brownie or two. I'll have to make a new batch today, anyway."

"Can I have one too?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, whatever. Just don't forget his, okay?"

Awesome. I've passed to second realm now.

Juno packed the brownies for me as I made myself a sandwich. "Thank you," I said as she placed them next to me. "Could you please let us know in advance if Mr. Gomez might sneak in any time soon?"

"What would be the fun in that?" She wriggled her eyebrows with an evil glint in her eyes.

We are so screwed.

"Have a nice day, sweetie." She kissed me on the cheek before turning away to make herself some coffee.

After brushing my teeth, I left the house to get to school. It was early but Bryan still beat me. The front door was unlocked already. "Good morning!" I said in a loud voice as I climbed through the stairs towards the main classroom.

"Hey," Bryan nodded as I reached him. He wasn't wearing the chef coat. It was a bit unnerving that he managed to look good in simple clothes like jeans and a t-shirt. So unfair, really.

"Good thing you're early. You need to set aside the ingredients for today." He placed a large list on the counter and left me to deal with it.

It was a long list of ingredients from different spices to various vegetables. Sighing, I set to work.

Just as I was finishing, I heard voices on the bottom floor. I glanced at the round clock on the wall and it was eight o'clock sharp. Bryan walked out of his office with his uniform and stepped downstairs to bring everyone here.

The room filled and I smiled at Andy as he passed next to me. Monica said hi and stood next to me. It felt nice to have friends.

We didn't have to pair up, though. Today we tested different foods and spices with a cloth band that Bryan made us wear. I thought it was easy but after the fifth spice things got tricky. Still, it was a fun way to spend the day. He gave us a talk about the importance of using all our senses while cooking and urged us to try to find the different spices throughout our meals.

As the end of the day approached, my feet hurt and my nose was itchy, but I'd never felt so happy in my life.

I loved this.

Bleh. I'm tired. Don't even know why I posted this...will probably continue the chapter tomorrow since this was short and pretty much uneventful. Ugh.

Good night ;)