Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter's song: Ed Sheeran Stay with me (ashdjashdkhkhsg!)

We finished setting up everything for camp, and when I say we, I mean Bryan. He didn't let me do much since I got hurt. The doctor asked me to meet me back in a week to get the stiches out. That only meant one thing: I was going camping with my stupid right hand bandaged.

Bryan's plans included fishing and sleeping in tents. I was quite disappointed that I wasn't going to do much. However, I couldn't complain, Bryan was being extra careful, totally spoiling me.

I was doing all the planning from my office, but he was doing all the work. I ended up calling suppliers in full-time, when I rather be cooking with the rest of the class.

When Thursday rolled in, I was completely fed up. Especially since Bryan was busy all the time and we hadn't spent more than five minutes alone. I was bored and overthinking everything. Not the best combination. By the end of the day, I concluded that we weren't a couple. There was nothing more than a few kisses here and there. It was so confusing. I hated it. A part of me wanted to give this a name, but at the same time, I didn't want that name to be nothing.

Sighing, I turned off the computer, before grabbing my backpack with my left hand. The injured hand still hurt from time to time, but thanks to the painkillers the doctors had prescribed, I was feeling better. I just had to wait until they took the stiches out. It made me nervous, though. Thinking of someone pulling string off my skin give me the chills.

"Are you all set to go?" Matt, the guy that Bryan had brought in to substitute me, asked as I closed the door to my office. He had dark hair with a few strays of gray. He worked at Bryan's restaurant and was happy to take a break from the stress of his everyday life to help in the school. We hadn't talked much, but he was nice.

My other classmates had instantly squared up to him. I didn't know it if was the short hairstyle or the age, he was around his fifties. He always offered me a smile, but he was serious in class.

Nodding, I smiled at him. "Yes. I need to set up everything for tomorrow." My grin faltered as I thought about being there and not being able to do anything.

He raised up his palm as I started to walk. "Chef Bryan wants to have a word with you."

My heart started to race. "Okay," I said softly.

He bobbed his head as he unbuttoned his chef coat. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jess!" He passed next to me and patted me on the shoulder before he went away.

Taking a deep breath, I walked towards Bryan's office. The door was open, but I still knocked on it. "Do you want to talk to me?"

He was sitting behind his desk, typing something on the keyboard. His eyes looked up and a small smile tugged his lips. He gestured me to take a seat. "Yes. I'm just finishing this. Give me two minutes."

I let the backpack on the floor as he turned to his computer. I tried not to look at him. Much. He still had his chef coat on, but this time it had the logo of his restaurant on the side. It was a given that I could stare at him for hours, but I loved seeing him with the chef coat on. He looked utterly handsome.

As he finished typing, his turquoise eyes cut to me. I couldn't be sure if I was drooling or not, but I blushed furiously as I looked down.

"How are you feeling?" He asked in a deep voice.

I glanced at him. "It doesn't hurt that much," I said raising my bandaged hand.

He nodded before unbuttoning his coat. I almost ask him not to. Almost. He hung it over the backrest of his chair before grabbing his leather jacket. "Can I take you home?"