Chapter Seventeen

Chapter's song: Kamikaze by Mo ;)

The next morning, I finally got a chance to talk to Andrew after noon. "You're an idiot." He was taking off his chef coat, much like everyone else. They were all going to their designated restaurant. Everyone but me. Thanks to him.

His lips twitched. "I never said I wasn't." Smartass.

Rolling my eyes, I placed both hands on my hips. "Well, thanks to you I am not going to the Japanese restaurant, and I was really excited."

Andy's twitching lips ceased as a full-on smirk played on his face. "Is that so?" He shook his head. "Let me guess, chef Bryan pulled you out?"

My lips were set on a straight line as I glared at him. "Well, if you hadn't announced to everyone that we're a─" I gestured in the air making apostrophes with my hands, "─couple, he wouldn't have pulled me out."

His smirk widened. "And why would he do that?"

Peeved, I took a deep breath. "Apparently, couples can't work together." I brushed a stray of hair out of my face. "I really wanted to team up with Monica and you."

He cracked up. "Sweetie, I don't think he gives a shit about couples!" My eyes narrowed as he tried to sober up. "It's just the fact that you could have a couple that bothers him."

I shook my head. "Yeah, right. Stop making my life more stressful Andy."

"For what is worth, you'll be thanking me by the end of the day," he said in a know-it-all tone.

"Not a chance, Andrew." I sighed heavily. He was stubborn as hell.

His eyes flicked behind me for a second. "You are." He leaned closer to me, invading my personal space.

"You are an idiot." I whispered, taking a step back.

Chuckling, he shrugged. "That's already established, babe."

I was opening my mouth to retort, when a dark voice sounded behind me. "Is everything okay?" My heart flipped. I knew who that rough tone of voice belonged to.

Bryan's gaze was stern as it landed on me for a second. He raised an eyebrow while turning to Andrew.

"All is great, chef." Andy smiled innocently, yet he looked amused. Jerk. "I'll talk to you later, Jess." He trotted away to bump-fist a bunch of guys while I scowled at him.

"Jessica," Bryan glanced at me, "Could you come into my office please?" Nodding, I followed behind him, but before I turned around the corner, I saw Andrew smirking at me. I flipped him off and I heard him burst out laughing before I disappeared down the hall.

Tom was sitting on top of Bryan's desk fixated on his phone. When he heard us approach, he looked up, a small grin drawing on his face. "You found her!"

Knots formed in my stomach. Had I done something wrong? My mind went through a mental list of tasks that I had to do and I couldn't find anything I could have missed.

Tom pushed away from the desk. "I was just telling Bryan that I need an assistant for today's show and he mentioned you didn't have an assigned restaurant for the rest of the week. So, this could work out perfectly. Would you like to come?"

I blinked surprised. "To your show?"

Bryan sat behind his desk, smirking. "Now, Jessica, do not turn into a fan girl, please."

Oh my God.

Juno and I would always fight with Seth for the TV to watch one of Tom's shows. They were set usually in what people could assume was his house. I always dreamed on having a kitchen like his, with all the cool gadgets he uses and the beautiful vintage dishes he sets his food on. It's like Tom's quintessence. And he was asking me to go.