Chapter 6

HANNAH

I must've woken up at about 11 in the morning, since I can smell cooking food in the bus. And it's not the cooking breakfast sort of smell with cooking pancakes and toast jumping out the toaster and freshly squeezed orange juice.

This is the kind of barbec uing barbeque on a smoking hot grill and iced tea with mac n' cheese.

I woke up with Zach beside me. He slept peacefully right there. I didn't know even he could do that. Even dad was on the bunk next to ours, sno ring. Zach's mom and aunt must have been the one's cooking since their bunks are empty.

I tiptoed to the sizzling sound of the grill outside, where Lorraine does all the cooking and Mrs. Cooper was reading the newspaper. "Oh hey, sweetheart. We'll just have a short stop here for your dad to sleep."

I nodded and joined them outside.

"You know, Zach loves you very much."Mrs. Cooper said. I smiled. "I've never seen him so...happy since his dad died."

"I'm very sorry to hear that, Mrs. Cooper. It's really horrible."I said. "Don't you go apologizing now, sweetheart. You made him smile. I made a good choice of choosing Madison, I have met my future daughter-in-law."

I don't think she made a good choice choosing Madison. Slappy and dad's monsters will continue haunting him. She just made his life miserable.

"Anyway, I'm superexcited about you two. I really hope you two will be happy."

Zach sleepily walked out the bus and sat on the folding chair beside me. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Morning."He planted a quick kiss ony cheek. "You two are very adorable sleeping together. I wonder what you'll look like when you two-"

"Aunt Lorraine!"Zach hissed. "Okay! Geez."She turned back to barbecuing. Zach smiled at me. Then he frowned when he saw something come towards us.

That familiar black automobile with a white plate that says SLAPPY.

"Oh God,"I said, terrified. They followed us here?!

"Mom, aunt Lorraine, get in the bus quickly. Get everything in! Hannah come with me."Zach probably panicked since his arms are shaking when I held them. Zach ran to dad's bunk and shook him awake. Mom and Aunt Lorraine got everything inside.

Guess we'll have to barbecue insid the bus later. Dad woke up quickly.

"Slappy followed us here!"Zach yelled. Champ and Taylor snapped awake. At the word 'Slappy', dad acted quickly and started driving.

"YOU CAN NEVER HIDE!"Slappy yelled. Dad did his best to keep a far distance from Slappy.

Aunt Lorraine and Mom peeked out the window. Champ and Taylor held each other. Dad drove.

"Everything's gonna be okay."Zach shushed. I'm calm in the outside. In the inside, I'm panicking the hell out of me.

"How are you so sure?"I asked. How come he can always be calm in times like this. "As long as we're together, nothing bad is gonna happen."

"This is what's bad!"I pointed at Slappy. All my loved ones in one place, trying their best to keep us all alive.

"This is all just bad luck! It's just a nightmare, Hannah. Just a nightmare."For a second I stopped panicking.

Maybe he's right. Maybe this is all just a major bad dream. Only one way to find out.

I closed my eyes.

"This isn't real."I murmured.

Then I snapped awake.