Chapter 15

ZACH

I stood at a meadow filled with colorful flowers and green trees. To the left was a pond and a semi-circle bridge, and to my right is a large house. I sat on a picnic blanket filled with baskets of food.

I realized I only wore a jersey shirt and basketball shorts and a pair of flip flops. Hannah walked to me, in a white flower-patterned sundress, a huge bump in her belly.

Wait, bump?!

I didn't even remember banging her.

Can't be that she's instantly pregnant.

I didn't even remember getting married.

She sat beside me and smiled, leaning her head on my shoulder. Her hair is longer now. She didn't wear make up but still looked like she did.

Okay. I wanna bang her right now.

"How's your day, babe?"She asked. "Fine, I guess."I said. It's true. I just guessed. I don't remember a single thing about me right now.

Well, I do know some things about me, but it seems to me that what I know about me isn't real.

I'm Zach Cooper. True.

I'm 17. Not so sure about that.

I have a girlfriend named Hannah Stine. I think I already married her by now, so false.

My girlfriend/wife's father is a 50:50 person to me: either he hates me or likes me. Even in a dream, it's true.

I'm currently living in an RV. Doesn't look like it.

My mom and aunt left me and went back home. So so so true.

And...I don't know anything else about me.

...

"Zach! Zach!"Mr. Stine hissed at me. He tugged at my shirt and patted my shoulder.

"Wake up, lazybone!"He snapped. I slowly opened my eyes. Hannah leaned her head on my shoulder, asleep. It was dark. Champ and Taylor were on their bunks, also sleeping.

The digital clock read 11:43 pm. Really, Mr. Stine?

I realized Hannah and I were sleeping on the corner of the RV.

"What is it?"I asked. There must be a very reasonable excuse why he woke me up at bedtime, and it's very late at night right now.

"Your phone was ringing, and you were asleep, so I answered it."

...

R. L. STINE

***Flashback***

I drove through buses and cars under the bright moonlight. If I don't find a motel real quick I'd die of fatigue.

Then I heard a ring.

I turned my head and noticed the ringing came from Zach's bunk.

I stopped at the safe side of the road and walked to Zach's bunk, his blanket messed up. I picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?"I asked.

"Hello. Papa. I was hoping Zach would answer, but please do tell him that I have his precious mama and auntie."Then hung up..

Slappy has Gale and Lorraine. I stiffened.

I quickly woke up Zach.

***End***

...

ZACH

What did Mr. Stine have to say?

"Your phone was ringing, and you were asleep, so I answered it."

I nodded. Mr. Stine sighed.

"Slappy has you mom and aunt."