Chapter 19

HANNAH

Please. Work. Don't suck me in.

I held Zach's hand tight, and he wrpped his arms around me tighter.

One by one the monsters get sucked in: The Snowman, The Werewolf, The Clown, The Zombies, the Giant Preying Mantis.

The Invisible Boy, laughing, then gets sucked into the book.

Lastly, Slappy, who limply gets sucked into the book. He has been really beat up by Champ.

Good work.

The book closed afterwards. It didn't suck me in!

I smiled and Zach smiled. We both looked at each other and kissed. We didn't care who was there. We just...kissed.

But dad came to us, panting and a worried look on his face. Zach pulled away to talk to him.

"What's the matter?"He asked. "Save your mom now do everything you want later. Your mom...we don't think she'll even make it. She's dying."Zach looked down on his feet.

He dragged me with him as he ran to his mom, Mrs. Cooper, who lay on the Lap of Aunt Lorraine. She was crying.

"Mom!"Zach screamed in pain. He had tears in his eyes as he removed his mom from his aunt's lap and cradled her in his arms, leaning his head on her head.

"Mom, please...don't leave me!"Zach said. Mrs. Cooper stammered something, and a light shone down on us. It took shape as a man.

Then the light turned to a man, looking so much like Zach.

His dad.

...

ZACH

I was stunned by what I saw in the light. My dad.

So that's why it's always protecting me.

Dad walked over to me. I wasn't willing to let go of mom so I didn't dare run to him, even if I wanted to.

"Son,"He placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's your mother's time. Let go."He said.

"No! I can still save her!"I insisted. "She won't make it Zach."He also insisted. I fell quiet for a while as I looked down on the dying face of my mother.

"Then I have failed you."I said. Hannah couldn't keep the tears in her eyes anymore, it bursted out of her eyes as she walked to me and pulled me into an embrace, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"You didn't failed me, son. Nor will you ever fail me. You made me so proud. But...it's time. Let go of your mother, like you did to me."

I couldn't. I haven't let go of dad yet!

"Zach, I love you."

Were mom's last words to me before she disappeared with the light. I let out a scream and Hannah cried even more.

I'm fatherless.

I'm motherless.

I just sat there at the middle of the gymnasium. Nothing else mattered. I didn't care.

And I couldn't care less.

***

Sadly, our journey has nearly come to the end...*cries*

So Gale dies, next chapter is the last...then the Christmas Special Oneshot of Goosebumps, then Goosebumps 3.