Chapter 11

ZACH

"Everything's not awesome
Everything's not cool when you're part of a team...especially with someone who moves a lot like Zach...
Everything's not awesome
When you're living out a dream...with someone who moves a lot like Zach."

"Shut up, Champ."I said. Since when did he start watching The Lego Movie? I thought he only watched rated x films.

"It's a nice song."Champ whined. We were all at the RV again, Mr. Stine driving, Taylor sleeping, Hannah sleeping beside me, Champ joking around, and me telling him to shut up.

That's life. It's my life...at least, that's what it's been since dad died and mom bailed on me.

Yeah. It got all sucky when good ol' man passed and even suckier when mom left with Aunt Lorraine.

Who does that to their kids?! Says "I love you" all the time but leaves them all alone when they got a talking-psychopath-probably-a-serial-killer-dummy chasing them and wants to kill them and their girlfriend's dad?!

That's very impractical. I mean, review the situation!

I got Slappy, every child's worst Goosebumps nightmare, chasing me, wants to kill me and Hannah's dad, and teams up with the Invisible Boy to do that. And they also wanna steal my ultimate masterpiece, probably it's my masterpiece because it's the only book I've ever written, even if I only did one-fourth of it.

Still, I proved that I got many skills. And it won me a girl.

Okay back to the topic. Thing is, they didn't have to leave me...without anything.

They could've already given me my inheritance!!!

I literally facepalmed myself, shaking away the thought from my head. But I guess a million dollars won't hurt, right?

I mean, they sure got another million.

They know I'm not that stupid to not know how much dad left for me. $17 MILLION dollars, to be exact. What job did dad have again?

"Hey, where's the next stop?"Hannah asked. "Ugh, we gotta go eat."Mr. Stine said. "Sounds good!"Taylor's eyes widened at the very thought of food.

"Hey, just a question."I walked beside Mr. Stine and sat down on the seat beside his. "Why is there always that white light that just pops out of nowhere when I'm almost dying? And why do I always black out after it? Sorry, but I just find it too dramaticand ironic and corny."

Then our conversation went like this:

Mr. Stine: I don't know.
Me: Isn't that one of your creepy- demonic-psycopath-serial-killer- best-friends? 'Coz if they are, I will seriously kill you.
Mr. Stine: I don't know.
Me: Oookaaayyy...so where are we gonna eat?
Mr. Stine: I don't know.
Me: Is there nothing else you could say other than 'I don't know'?
Mr. Stine: I don't know.

Then I just slipped away from the seat and went over to Hannah. She sat on the bunk, her gaze focused on her phone.

Then we also had a conversation, which went like this:

Hannah:  Did you eat your pizza slice already?
Me: Did you eat your pizza slice already?
Hannah: Why are you copying me?!
Me: Why are you copying me?!
Hannah: Cut it out!
Me: Cut it out!
Hannah: Okay. Fine. Since you're my boyfriend, can we go shopping for Vans or Converse or Js later? Pretty please?
Me: I ate my pizza slice already.