Chapter 8

ZACH

This is beating the hell out of me. This is totally nuts, maybe she just wants to be friends...with benefits.

What?!

Love is so complicated.

"Are you stupid or something?"I looked down. I have been rejected by the girl of my dreams...it's hopeless.

I'm hopeless.

Then Hannah smiled and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Why would I say no?"Score.

She kissed my cheek and cuddled in my arms, going to sleep. "I'm a bit tired, Zach. I wanna take a nap or something."Hannah said. "Okay."That's all I could say.

"Can you stay here? I'm afraid that Slappy'll be there when I wake up."She said, her voice shaking. I smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Yeah, sure."

I lay on the bed next to Hannah as she moved to the other side of the bed for me.

I wrapped my arms around Hannah and she laid her head on my chest.

"Rest now, scaredy cat."

Then she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

...

R. L. STINE

I paced back and forth in my room, worried about everybody. I hear no noise. It's very quiet in the hotel, except for one couple who occupy the room beside mine.

There's no noise from any of the other rooms. Champ and his girlfriend Taylor are out to buy some fast food. Gale and Lorraine are at the super mart buying our necessities needed for the trip like toothbrushes, combs, toothpaste, deodorants, soaps, shampoos, whatever.

And Zach and Hannah are probably having sex right now. Or cuddling. I don't know which they're doing but I know it's not good.

Maybe I'll be a grandpa tomorrow!!!

I shool the whole grandpa and sex thing from my mind. It's impossible that Zach would disobey me.

I had more important things to worry about anyway.

...

LORRAINE

Oh hell no this just didn't happen. This just did not happen to me.

My credit card has expired! E-X-P-I-R-E-D! Expired! Gone!

How am I supposed to pay for this?!

I hope Gale gets my facial reaction. Or am I too pretty for my reaction to be noticed? Or...too ugly?

Has pimples grown on my forehead?! I'm panicking.

Luckily Gale pulled out her credit card. She rolled her eyes and grunted. "Lorraine,"she said.

"Gale,"I glared. Gale looked me straight in my eyes. "Until when will I continue paying stuff for you?"

I sneered. "Look, it's not my fault my card's expired."I said. "Oh yeah?"Gale teased.

We quickly took the groceries and walked to the hotel, which isn't very far from the store.

Gale pulled out the key and dropped the bags on the bed. "It's so tiring you know."I complained.

"Well, Mr. Stine and all of them are probably more tired than us, especially Zach. He's been so...brave since Hannah came along."Gale said. What does she mean by this?! Even if we do nothing to help, we're still tired.

"I'm gonna go tell Mr. Stine that I can't do this anymore, and I'm leaving."

"What?! You can't just bail on us! And Zach!"I exclaimed. Gale can't leave us now. "And R. L. won't let you!"

"Well then I'll leave right now."Gale said. I have to come with her. "I'm coming with you."

Gale and I wrote a note and placed it on the bed with the groceries. I'll miss all of them. Especially R. L., especially him.

I took one last look at everything before we boarded the bus to Madison, Delaware. So this is the big city, huh? So complicated.

"I'm sorry."

Then I followed Gale and boarded the bus.