Chapter 7

R. L STINE

I can see Slappy's automobile already catching up. No, this can't happen. He can't catch up.

That dumb dummy must go on as an imaginary figurine.

"Oh, I'm locking you in your book!"I whispered to myself, careful not to wake up anyone and everyone.

I can't stand seeing them so worried. Zach and Hannah are to sweet and poetic and dramatic. It's just too much.

Slappy's automobile was really fast; in a matter of seconds it might already be beside our bus, slowing down to move side by side with the bus.

I can't let that happen.

Zach was right. Why didn't I write stories about the good stuff like rainbows and unicorns?

I would've lit the sky with double rainbows and the children's faves with smiles by then.

I can hear Slappy's voice from here, laughing and yelling: "YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE FROM SLAPPY!"

"Mr. Stine, what's happening?"I turned my head just a bit. Zach stood there worriedly. Luckily, he was the only one awake.

"Slappy's catching up!"I hissed. Zach's eyes widened, and set on starting a plan to put a long distance between us and Slappy.

When I thought that there wasn't any more hope, I glanced to my right in time to see a bright white light shine on Slappy's automobile, probably blinding him in the process since the automobile was out of control. It's tires screeched as it went to a halt.

Where did that light come from anyway? It's always like that. Since I created Hannah. That light is always there to save us in our very desperate times.

"Mr. Stine, what was that?"Zach asked. I started to calm down. Slappy might lose us in this place. "I don't know...but for sure it wasn't a coincidence that that happened. It always happens."

I checked the clock. 3:47 am. Time to get some rest.

"Listen, Zach."Zach leaned closer to me to show eagerness to listen.
"Okay, so here's what we're gonna do."

HANNAH

"Hey, Hannah."

I can hear almost nothing. All I can hear was the sharp pain Slappy's voice brings. I hear nothing but my name and Slappy's evil laugh.

I was sweating so hard. Zach held a towel in his hand. He looked worriedly at me. I breathed heavily.

"You okay now? God, you were sweating so hard...it looked like you were in a terrible nightmare."Zach said, gently wiping the sweat off my face.

"What happened?"I asked. I looked around me. A bedroom. "Where are we?"I asked.

"Well...your dad said that we'll have an unscheduled stop here in New York for a while to...you know...get some rest."Oh no.

"BUT WE CAN'T STOP NOW! SLAPPY! HE'S GONNA CATCH UP! WE CAN-"Zach shushed me by placing a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled away a bit and looked at my eyes. He held my hand.

"Slappy won't be back for another week or so, Hannah. Your dad took care of it."

I breathed a long sigh of relief. Finally, some peace.

"Hannah, I just wanted to say,"It was obvious that he was so nervous with getting the words out, so I held his hand. He looked down for a while.

"I want this official. Will you please be my girlfriend?"