Chapter 14

ZACH

They know the truth now. The real truth. Not even my mom knows what really happened, it would be to much for her and would prove a great shock for her.

I wouldn't even tell Aunt Lorraine because I don't trust she can keep a secret.

All they know is that he got in a car crash, not specified how. Mom might just go all crazy if I told her. You know, go on drugs, get high, maybe even commit suicide.

I know.

I sat in the dark corner of the RV, below the window so that no light would shine on me. I need guidance.

Especially my dad's.

I opened my voice mails from my dad and one by one listened to him giving me advice.

Telling me to take care of my mom. Check. Wait scratch that. She ran away from me. It just makes me so...frustrated.

Telling me to find myself a kind, loving, beautiful, smart, wise, and brave girl that can possibly be my wife. Check. That's Hannah.

Telling me to be brave in everything. Half-checked. I'm scared right now, before I wasn't, not until Mom and Aunt Lorraine left.

Telling me to take care of myself. Check. How? By running away from Slappy...wait I was wrong. I put myself in more danger by doing that, but it's less danger than staying at Madison so...half-checked.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. Then Hannah walking to me and sitting by my side. She had a worried and sad look on her face. She used her thumb to wipe away my tears. "Zach, I'm sorry about your dad."She said.

I took her hand and kissed the back of it. I held it in two hands, placing my phone on my lap. "It's not your fault."I sighed.

"But I just want you to know, Zach, I'm here for you. We all are. Champ, Taylor, Dad, Me. You have to be strong."She insisted.

I shook my head. "Can't you see?"I asked. "I can't be strong. I failed my dad. I can't take of Mom. Not even Aunt Lorraine. I can't even take care of myself."I said.

"Then do it for us. For me, Zach. I know you can be strong. At least, do it for me, for us."That got me thinking. For a second, nothing else mattered. Only me and Hannah. It felt like we were somewhere else, not in the RV, but back home.

Well, it's not really back home, but we're in a house. I can see the same bright light that always pops out of anywhere. It looks down on Hannah and I, but instead of the normal 17-year old us, it was kind of...the older version of us.

But not grandma or grandpa. Just...advanced by about ten years, so that probably makes us about 27 or older.

The bright light looks down on us and smiles, oh right, it was a person. The light symbolizes a person. I can see by the way it takes shape. The last thing I heard was laughing children, Hannah smiling at something.

When I turned to see it, I snapped back to reality.

***

Soooo, that was earlier than the expected release. The voice mails where probably nothing to you, but one more question is posted in today's update:

Who is the person behind the bright light takes?

And also..

What was the vision about?

Most questions to be answered in the next chapters.

Peace. Out.