Prologue

Her fragile cold fingers intertwined with my long warm ones, and she looked over at me trying to give me the best smile she could possibly achieve. Even with that pale tired look on her face, she looked more beautiful than ever. I looked over at the vast ocean hoping I could take her away into the sea, away from here, away from everyone. We can run away from this can’t we? I held back tears but it was hard, the lump in my throat forming and becoming larger and larger as the tears were being rejected by me. I could feel my heart being squeezed a million times inside as I held the fragile woman beside me tighter to my body wrapping my arms around the warm blanket that’s around her.

She was so beautiful, so full of life. Her eyes were always full of joy; you could never see her stop smiling. Even after the terrifying news I never saw her frown. She always tried to assure me with that gorgeous smile of hers, but it’s tired now. She tries to make it reach her eyes, but she doesn’t have the energy to. 

I felt her warm lips on my cheeks and then I looked over at her, “Look at me love” she whispered so softly, “I want you to look at me” I felt the tears about to burst out, I could not hold it in anymore, but I had to. How beautiful she looked under the sun light, even though the color was drained from her face showing pale complexions, she is always beautiful to me. I passed my hands through my brown curls- a habit out of stress, and she grabbed my free hand and held it close to her heart, “No don’t do that! Don’t” she said sternly still trying to smile, “Smile please” she begged me with her eyes. Her red eyes were trying to show life.

I tried hard, I swear I did. But I knew I didn’t have an honest smile, it hurt to smile. It hurts seeing her in this condition when before she would be dancing around with me to rock songs banging her head and pretending to drum, play the guitar and sing at the same time. “This can’t be it Lora” I whispered to her already feeling a tear pass down my cheek. And yet she didn’t stop smiling, her beautiful smile never left her face. I know she was trying hard for me, but I couldn’t be as strong as her.

Her fingers passed on my cheek wiping away the salty tears and kept looking into my eyes, her blue ones piercing into my green ones, looking inside my soul trying to reach inside more than I already allowed her to see. I wanted to look away; it hurt to see her like this. But I couldn’t look away from her eyes; they were so blue, so beautiful. “I love you Harry, I truly do” she couldn’t manage to speak louder so she whispered softly, “You’re staying for a reason; promise me you’ll live every moment to its fullest. Don’t take life for granted love” she said seriously.

“Don’t say that” I whispered shaking my head sternly, “please don’t say that” as another tear passed my cheek, I held her even tighter her head on my chest listening to my heart beat. The heart beat she needed the one she’s going to lose in a few hours.

“Sing to me” she whispered faintly, “Please love” she pleaded. How can I sing to her when I’m trying so hard to stop these stupid tears from falling down?

I hold my breath and started softly singing with my hoarse voice,

I may not have the softest touch

I may not say the words as such

And though I may not look like much

I'm yours

And though my edges may be rough

I never feel I'm quite enough

It may not seem like very much

But I'm yours”

My voice started breaking down in between. She loved this song, she adored The Script. This was our song, and it was such a weird way to have it as our song. Randomly it comes in the car and she squeals and tells me, “This is our song Harry, promise me you’ll remember this song. We should play it in our wedding” and she giggled at me then. I miss her giggles, her laughs, and her enthusiasm. But now she’s a lifeless pale soul that tries hard to keep that gorgeous smile on her face and fill her eyes with the energy she has left.

“You know what I’m going to miss the most?” she suddenly says breaking the silence and the voice of the waves the ocean is making, “Your annoying habit of talking so slow when telling a story, I’m truly going to miss that love” I could feel her chuckle on my chest sending a vibration through my body. I smiled at that thought then felt like crying even more. How could she be humorous through this? How can she be so… relaxed? “And I will miss your singing” she looks up at me, “You have the most beautiful voice and don’t keep it away from people ever”

I stroked her cold pale face with my warm hand and leaned down to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her, feel her. I kissed her so softly hoping she won’t break under my touch, hoping she would stay there with me and we could freeze time and stay there kissing.

She finally pulls away and lays her head on my lap and looks out at the beach and closes her eyes softly. And slowly drifted off to sleep, the only way she could go away from this pain. I wish I could pull away the pain and toss right in the middle of the sea.

Unfortunately, I can’t. 

** 

I hope you enjoyed. This is my first story to be published about One Direction, once again, big step. I have a very bed self-conciousness thing. Well, if you like it, please vote. And comment, I would like to see what you guys think about this :) 

Thank you so much for reading. I'm going to make a plan about when I publish, and what days, I won't keep you up without an update for a long time that's for sure. Since it's summer vacations, I have a lot of free time. Might as well make the best of it right?