Chapter 7 ~Shy meetings~

~Shy meetings~

Molly gave out a loud laughed and looked at me and her smile faded away, “Oh you’re serious” she said shocked, “You don’t even like me” she exclaimed. I looked at her confused, I don’t hate her. It’s not that I don’t like her, she’s a sweet girl, but it’s difficult to explain even to myself.

I shook my head smiling, “I like you Molly” I got up and brushed invisible dust off my pants, “I’m going to get you a ticket! Wait here” just before she could shut me up at my spontaneous idea I ran off. What was I thinking? What has gotten into me? Is that side effects of being depressed? Are they visible now? I mean I knew there were some crazy things I was going to start doing eventually, but I expected myself being drunk first.

I am sober right?

I walked to the counter and asked for a ticket to the same flight I was going on. And thankfully, there was a seat available and the flight wasn’t booked. I took the last minute ticket as I paid for it gladly and walked back to the waiting room where Molly was looking through her phone. I stopped in my tracks and stared at her, she was dressed in white knee shorts with red leggings covering her skinny legs, a red tank top with a white sweater on, and her red platform boots. Obnoxious colors, red and white, she stands out in the room. Anyone else would be embarrassed to walk with her, but I’m not.

“There you go” I handed her the ticket as I sat beside her.

She smiled adoringly at me, her dimples clearly visible, “Thank you Harry. This really means a lot to me, but… if I can’t meet Josh’s family, how will I meet yours?” she asked as her smile turned into a frown. She brought her hands to her mouth and started biting on her nails. I pulled her hand out, what a bad habit biting nails was. I always slapped Niall and Louis when they bite their nails, which was quite often for Niall.

“You were meeting Josh’s family as his girlfriend, so of course you might be a little intimidated because of that. But you’re going to meet my family as my friend, you’re always welcome there. My family is very open” I tried assuring her meaning every single word.

“But I’m interrupting your family time” she said again and attempted to bite her nails again as I slapped her hand away from her mouth, she rolled her eyes at me in response.

“Paid for the tickets already, too bad” before she could complain anymore, the voice boomed around the waiting room announcing our flight number. I grinned and grabbed my carry-on and pulled her hand as we walked together to the airplane.

This is going to be an interesting flight.

**

Molly sighed and fell on the window seat, my favorite, but I was used to allowing Lora to sit beside the window that I didn’t mind Molly sitting there. She looked out the window as I struggled to place both our carry-on bags in the area above our heads. I closed it forcefully and sat on the seat beside Molly. Not as comfortable as the window seat, but I didn’t mind.

“Thank you for this Harry, means a lot really” Molly smiled at me. Her smile was just so beautiful, how did I not notice this before? Why am I even having those thoughts? What about Lora? I really miss her. I just smiled at Molly and looked away. If Lora is going to keep haunting my mind every time I was nice to Molly, I will end up ripping my head off.

The green light turned on informing us the need to buckle our seat belts. We both did as commanded and stayed in silence until the plane started moving. I could feel Molly tensing beside me, she chuckled as she noticed me looking at her confused, “Boarding and landing are the worst part” she closed her eyes.