Chapter 15 ~A stormy night~

~A stormy night~

Jumping out of bed, I looked around my dark room and at the damp window. It was raining, and the thunder must have woken me up. I felt my sweat filled hair out of disgust. Going out of bed slowly, I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes walking to the bathroom to wash my face.

It was 10 pm at night? How long have I been asleep? Questions roamed my mind as I jogged down the stairs in my grey sweat pants, and a black plane shirt. I walked straight into the living room.

"Mornin'" Gemma mocked me as I fell on my familiar love couch, "Took you long enough" she was sitting beside Molly who was smiling sympathetically at me.

"What happened?" I rubbed my temple feeling a slight headache, "Where's mum and Robin?"

"How much did you drink?" she moved the fringe falling on her forehead away as she placed a pillow on her crossed legs snuggling it close to her body, "They left two hours ago, remember... honey moon? They're... married..." she traced explaining.

I smacked myself mentally, oh yes. The wedding.

"Oh" I said dumbfounded, "But there's a storm outside?" I motioned at the damp windows.

"Yeah, it started unexpectedly like half an hour ago" she shrugged, "And the TV closed, no signal" she frowned. She loved her TV, she can't live without it. Literally.

"Ha" I said and crossed my legs together placing them on the coffee table placed in front of me, "So what now?" I asked.

I glanced at Molly who was playing with her fingers absentmindedly. Then it struck me, what happened yesterday at the wedding.

The dance, seeing Lora, getting drunk like the sympathy gainer I am, and last but not least, snapping at Molly. And there she stood, behind Molly, with the same look she gave me yesterday. In distress. I jumped off the couch and breathed heavily shocked, why is she appearing now out of all times?

"You alright?" Gemma asked confused, "You look like you've seen a ghost"

Oh she doesn't know how true that is.

"Um I-I'm fine" I sat back on the couch already feeling the sweat dripping off my forehead. It's so hot, although it was raining outside.

The weather change was actually entertaining. The fact that it's raining right now, when I feel like crying my eyes out. It's as if the sky is raining out my emotions that are building up inside. Who would have thought Mother Nature knew how I felt?

What are you trying to tell me Lora? My inner mind begged, as if she can read my mind and answer me verbally. I got up and walked over to the kitchen. Filling my glass with cold water, I gulped it all down, and filled it again. This time gripping the cold glass in my hand as if trying to numb it, make all these feelings go away.

"Free" I heard a familiar whisper. I looked around frantic, feeling a cold breeze pass me. What is going on? Is it possible that I am going crazy? Is this another episode of Ghost Whisperer? Can Jennifer Love Hewitt pop up and help me already?

Free. The word kept on repeating again and again as I felt the kitchen turn around me and shrink making me feel suffocated. The glass dropped from my hand on the floor breaking, pulling me back to reality. I looked down at the broken glass and water everywhere on the floor as I shook my head trying to contain myself.

"What happened?" Gemma and Molly came running into the kitchen, looking at me then the floor, "You alright Harry?" Gemma asked approaching me carefully, pulling me away from the broken glass trying not to slip. "Harry" she repeated shaking my shoulders, "Molly, can you please get the mop?" Molly nodded walking into the storage room.

Gemma walked me all the way into the couch, settling me there. I stared at her, my mouth slightly opened. Did I want to speak? I wasn't sure. It's as if words were stuck in my throat, I barely could concentrate on where I was or what was happening around me?

The whisper.

The glass.

The water.

The storm.

Free.

Lora.

Lora.

Lora.

Next thing I know, Gemma was cradling me in her arms as I sobbed uncontrollably in her arms. I don't know how it started, or what happened, but I lost control. It was yesterday all over again, except this time, someone was there for me.

"I'm sorry Harry..." she trailed off hoping that just apologizing for Lora's death was going to fix it.

"That won't help Gem" I cried loudly, digging my head in her stomach clutching her sweater with my fists, "That won't bring her back, bring her back Gemma" I cried helplessly, "I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want to live" the sounds of thunder increased loudly as my sobs increased with them, the flow of rain increasing, as my tears grew.

"She's gone, she's been gone for almost a year" I moved my head and looked up at my sister with blood shot eyes, seeing the glossy tears in her own eyes, "She's been gone for a year... a year without Lora, Gemma" I whispered to myself mostly than to her.

"I know Harry" she whispered caressing my cheek, "I know" she gripped me close to her once again hugging me tighter than before, "Everything will be okay Harry" she whispered in my ear.

"No, no it won't" I argued.

You would have thought I had no more tears to shed, but my body had a different idea.

"It's not the end Harry"

"It is for me..."

"Don't say that" she pulled me away and made me look at her, "Don't you ever say that" she said sternly, "If it's not okay, it's not the end Harry"

"It hurts..." I chocked out as more tears departed my eyes.

"I know..." she whispered so slowly looking behind me. I closed my eyes as I felt the pain in my chest increasing. It wasn't an emotional pain anymore; it's as if reality struck me all over again, just like a year ago. I could feel it in my chest. I could feel it being stabbed by someone.

Why would someone be so cruel to stab me straight in the chest and take the only person that kept it beating away from me?

"She died a week from today Gemma" I said as I clutched my knees to myself, as if protecting myself. Protecting myself from all the pain I was feeling right now, but it wasn't working. "How will I go?" I asked looking at the blank TV screen.

"You'll feel better if you go, you'll feel free"

Free.

~

Please vote and comment! :) x