Chapter 23 ~Only when I'm drunk~

Chapter 23 ~ Only when I’m drunk

Travelling has been a part of our job for three years now. We have gotten used to it. It’s not something to get used to, it’s something we enjoy. I always wanted to travel. I thought I was going to end up in Cheshire and never leave England, but fate had other plans for me. I’m so glad to say that at the age of nineteen I have witnessed so many breathtaking things more than anyone who has lived longer than me.

So many mesmerizing things I have witnessed; the scene of the city at night from the top of the Eiffel tower, the mountain me and Louis climbed and saw the sunset from in Norway, the sunrise in Germany from our hotel room and a simple rose in one of our road trips that sat isolated in the desert. It was so red that it honestly looked like it had been taken care of with someone’s life – but it was nevertheless in the middle of a desert.

It’s safe to say that I have not missed anything beautiful in life.

Yet here I was staring at the most heart-stopping scene right in front of me.

Molly’s eyes.

They had me captured. Even in my drunken daze, I had full concentration on the beautiful color of her eyes; a mixture of sea blue, sky blue, green blue – I wasn’t even sure anymore. They all mixed together to make one amazing color that I had no words for, and I was caught. I couldn’t look away.

Her small figure tried to hold me by the waist so I don’t fall on the floor and make a fool out of myself. Her lips were turned into a small smile. She didn’t look away from me either.

“Let’s get you to your room yeah?” she finally said. I wouldn’t have heard her or believed she said anything if I didn’t see her lips move. I shook my head and tried standing straight; decreasing the weight I had on the small girl. “Where’s your room?”

“I-I don’t remember” I stuttered. Molly remained silent as I noticed the conflict she was having with herself. For someone who was this drunk, I can concentrate on every move Molly did; whether it was the curve of her lips, or the single eyelash that fell on her right cheek.

“Let’s take you to my room, its right there” she pointed with her head. She pulled me right in front of her door as I struggled with walking straight and not hitting the wall. She fumbled with the card and passed it through the entrance and helped me inside. Slowly she walked me over to her bed and I fell with a humph and closed my eyes feeling the comforter under me.

“So comfy” I spread my hands on the mattress as I felt the backside of my hand hit a hard cover. I turned lazily and saw a book lying on the corner with glasses in the middle. I pulled myself on my right side and grabbed the book taking the glasses from the center of the book, “I didn’t know… you wear glasses”

“You don’t know lots of things about me”

“Like you read too?”

“Yes” she sat herself beside me on the corner of the bed taking the book and placing it on her lap, “I like to read”

I wore her glasses, “How do I look?”

“Fancy, better than me Mr. Styles” she complemented holding a giggle.

“I can never look better than you” I breathed, “No one can”

The smile that resided on her lips was wiped away. I noticed the blush creeping from her neck to her newly tanned face – everyone was devouring Australia’s sun. If it wasn’t for that visible blush I would have thought I upset her.

“Rubbish” she just said and looked down at the book, scratching its edge with her blue painted nails. I sat straight on the bed and looked puzzled at the beauty that was in front of me and felt myself lucky to be even sitting beside her.