Chapter ten-

The first thing I heard was the drip. The smell of disinfectant suffercated me as my sense of smell came back. I could feel the soft cotton covers wrapped all around me making me feel safe and cosy. Last of all I opened my eyes. I looked around and as I had assumed I was in a hospital bed. I looked to the seat next to me and Ty was siting there fast asleep. I sat up and that was a mistake because I felt a sharp pain come from my back and a screamed. Ty's eyes snapped open and he came rushing to my bed side. He didn't say anything he just held me and cried. He let go of me and helped me to sit up. I then got a good look at him. He looked ill. His eyes were all baggy and he has a little grey to his tone. I did that to him. Tears started welling up in my eyes.  

'Tee, I though I lost you.' 

'I would never leave you.' I said as a tear run down my cheek.  

'You've been out like a light switch for two weeks and three days.' I could not believe him.  

'You mean I've been in a coma.....bu-but what happened.' 

'You don't remember.' 

'No...' 

'Okay, we were walking and someone stabbed you from behind.' 

'Well that explain the burning sensation in my back.' 

'Nothing was damaged but you lost a lot of blood so I had to give you some.' 

'How much did they take.' 

'It don't matt-' 

'How much did they take!' 

'Ten litters.' I was gob smacked.  

'You would do that for me.' 

'Tori, you need to understand this. I will do anything for you even if it means giving up my own life... I love you baby.' I burst out into tears. I could not believe him. That's to show that love does exist. He held me and whispered into my ear 'te amo (I love you).' Those three words brought more tears to my eyes. It was different when he said it in English but when he said it in Spanish it brought a whole other meaning to it.

*FLASHBACK* 

Me, Charlotte and Tyson skipped off the plane joyfully while our mums hurried alongside us. We were so happy that we were going to see our grandparents but most of all we were happy we were in Spain. It was our first time and we just couldn't get enough of the weather. I remember my mum snatching my hand out of Charlotte's and holding it instead. I was upset but then again I was only seven years young so I guess she must have been worried and wanted to keep me safe. Elisa also took Ty and Charlotte's hands and lead us towards a cab. It was a really long and boring journey but as soon as we got to Madrid all the excitement came rushing back.

Mum and Elisa looked nervous as they approved two houses next to each other. An awkward silence washed over us and nobody moved. I hated silence because silence often followed bad things and I had to find a way to break it. The idea hit me I looked at Charlotte and it was like she had read my mind because she suddenly caught on to my plan. On the count of three we knocked on the doors at the same time. Our mothers eyes grew wide as the stared at us with disbelief. We smiled at them then at each other and waited to see what was going to happen next.

A women opened the door, she looked just like mum but a little bit older. She had ocean blue eyes to die for and silky hair which was left out and flowed over her arse. She looked from mum to me before she finally rested her eyes on mum. When she saw mum her face had lost all its colour, it was as if she had seen a ghost. All of a sudden a wide grin spread across her face and she flushed bright pink. She leaped toward mum and gave her a hug 'mi bebé, mi bebé me he echado de menos (my baby, my baby I've missed you),' she said in between tears. My mum replied with tears running down her bright red cheeks 'mamá, estoy taaan siento (mum, I'm soo sorry).' All this time I just stood there. I'd never seen my mum this broken down and even though I understood what they were saying but they were crying so much that it was hard to make it out. To me it sounded like they were speaking alien. I knew that was my grandma but I don't think she noticed I was there. I looked over to where Charlotte had been but she was gone along with Ty and Elisa. I tug at mums dress and she stepped back from her mothers embrace. She then said to her. 'mamá, esta es mi hija Tori (mum, this is my daughter Tori),' I then gave her a big smile showing all my perfect teeth and she picked me up and turned me around. I really was surprised that she had enough strength to pick me up, I mean I weren't that small. She started speaking to me in English or should I say attempted to speak English'. I then shocked her by saying 'Yo hablo español (I can speak Spanish),' and she started laughing.

She then took us inside and after we were introduced to the whole family we sat down and were about to eat when there was a light knock on the door. Everyone looked at me as if I was the one that was meant to open it so I did. I was then greeted with a smiling Ty and he sang the words ' te amo (I love you) and kissed me on the lips for the first time. I remember going red and feeling a funny feeling. He ran backing into the house next door and left me standing there speechless. I closed the door and turned around to see the whole family standing there staring at me. I felt myself go even more red and smiled sheepishly. Yep they had seen everything.

It was that moment in my life that I felt love for Ty. He was sweet, good looking and I loved him way more than a brother.

All throughout our stay in Spain a lot of boys started hitting on my and tried to move me but I was only interested in one guy...Ty.

*

A tear ran my face. I said without bursting into more tears 'Ty detener (Ty stop),' but he didn't listen 'Te amo, te amo con todo mi corazón! Deja de tratar de alejarme y salvo el hecho de que me amas (I love you, I love you with all my heart! Stop trying to push me away and except the fact that you love me to).' I cried not because I was upset but because he was telling the truth. I kept avoiding the fact that I loved him but now I couldn't. He wrapped his arms tighter round me and I soaked his shirt with salty tears. 'Yo también te quiero (I love you too),' I think I said it more to myself then him but he picked up my cheeks in his hands and kissed me.