Parting Ways

*Dave POV*

* F L A S H B A C K *

It's March 7th, 2015, 3:00 pm on a Wednesday afternoon.. Right now, I'm in my room relaxing. The sun is shining and the birds... well the birds won't shut the hell up. I've been trying to read a story called 'The Green Mile' by the amazing Stephen King, but I can't concentrate with all of the damn chirping coming from outside. I guess I'll read later...

Something has been troubling my mind lately.. I just don't know what it is, though. This morning, I woke up at around 9:00 am. Things didn't feel right when I stepped out of my bedroom. Everyone was in the kitchen and the living room having breakfast and playing games. Lizzy and Bandit we're outside playing and running around. The guys were okay, but they kept asking if I was.. I tried to play it off like everything was fine, but Brandon knew something was wrong with me.
**Earlier, that morning....**
"What's bothering you, Dave?" Brandon asked, "You don't l-look like yourself today." He knew by the look in my eyes, something was up.
"I don't know, brother," I told him, "Something just doesn't feel right. I haven't heard from Benn in a while and now Taylor and I are over, i just have a lot to deal with right now.."
I felt Brandon pat my back. "Oh, well dude I'm here whenever you want to talk."

"Alright, thanks, Brother. I'm gonna walk around the house just to clear my mind a bit." I roamed around the halls. I walked around a few more times until I stopped at Benn's room.

I opened the door to his room and on his bed, there was a letter and a guitar pick.

"My dearest brothers,

I am writing this letter with the mixed feelings of joy and sorrow. These past 4 years have been some of the greatest years of my life. Every moment spent with you guys was a moment I'll never forget. I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am leaving my position as the lead guitarist. I have enjoyed my time here and I appreciate having had the opportunity to work with you guys. Thank you for the support, guidance, and encouragement y'all have provided me during my time with Crown The Empire. Without you guys, I don't know where I could've gone, or what I would've accomplished. Even though I will miss my brothers and the band, I am looking forward to this new challenge and to starting a new phase of my career. Your friendship is my treasure for life. Even when I am away from you guys, I will always be in touch.

Best regards,

Bennett Suede Vogelman"

When I finished reading the letter, I sat down on the edge of the bed. I had a huge, gut feeling this was going to happen. how are we going to tell our fans?..

I looked around his room and on his wall were pictures of him, his brother, the guys, fan art, and our fans. We had so many awesome memories. We loved having Benn in the band. I know that whatever he'll do, we'll support him no matter what. No matter where he'll go, Benn will always be one of us.

*FAST FORWARD TO TODAY*

Lizzy's been missing for almost 3 weeks. we don't know what is going on and we don't know who's doing this.. Brandon and the rest of the guys are out looking for her. They told me that they're gonna be approaching Texarkana in 3 hours. I've never seen Brandon this worried about anyone before..

"DAVE!" Brandon shouted on the phone, "Are you still there man?!"

I was on the verge of tears just thinking about Benn's note he left.. "Yeah, what?" I asked, "Are you okay?"

"Bro, who do you think Lizzy talked to Lizzy? I remember the day we went to Dave & Buster's she had this really scared look on her face and she wouldn't talk to me about it for the rest of the day.. I don't know what is going on but I need to find out." I got immediate chills.

"Listen to me," i said calmly, "I promise you'll find her. I know she means so much to you. Don't lose hope, alright? I have to go, bud. Hopefully i'll be back in a week or two."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I could tell Brandon was angry. "Me and the guys are out here searching for my girlfriend and you have to go?! After all we've been through?! where the hell are you going?! You didn't even come with us to look for her!!"

"I'll be praying for you guys.. Give Lizzy my love when you find her." I hung up without even letting him finish his sentence.

I had been planning this for a while. Over the years, the guys have gotten way out of control. Every other night it's either drinking, smoking pot, picking up girls, etc. etc. I'm the one who's been trying to get them on the right track. Only people who want to throw their lives away do shit like that.. Well not me. Not anymore..

I told Brandon that I would be coming back within the week.. I lied. I'm moving out to L.A to start a new life. It's been fun and all but I'm a musician. I need this time away to find myself and to produce music.

Goodbye.