On the Road Again

On the road again.

I waited until dawn before I left. Elena wasn't there. Not Alaric or one of the vampire brothers.

I couldn't wake him up. Wake up Jeremy to say goodbye to him all over again. I had to get away from here for a while. I needed other friends. Someone like me. I left a little note for him. That was the least thing I could do. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and quietly got out to the car. I slowly rolled down to the road and the house got smaller and smaller. I knew I was mean to Jeremy but he couldn't come with me. I was a werewolf now. I couldn't risk him being caught in between us changing every full moon. I remember as if it was yesterday when it happened for the first time. When I triggered the curse.

Flashback

August 2009

I have been living with my uncle for almost 3 months now and I don't feel any less pain. I still missed my parents so much. Because of the loss, I felt more at edge than I used to. Got upset and angry over nothing. I felt like I was on fire because of the anger I felt. John always knew how to calm me down. I don't know why. I was lucky enough to get the job as head chef at the local restaurant in the small town. That's not bad considering I just turned 21 in July. It wasn't too big and I loved everyone there. We were a good team.

That night, my boss came in to the kitchen.

"Amy, can you stay behind and close tonight? My wife's in labor and I have to go."

"Yes off course. Go! I will take care of things. Good luck!" I didn't mind being alone in the evening. It was calm, dark and quiet. Just the way I liked it.

I locked up at midnight and I suddenly had a feeling that someone was watching me. I had just gotten to my car, when someone grabbed me from behind. I panicked.

"Well, well. What does a pretty girl like you out all alone at this hour?" He turned me around to face him. He had a knife in his hand.

"Time to say goodbye." He told me and raised the knife. Something inside me snapped. I wasn't afraid at all. I was beyond angry. I just laughed and said;

"Oh, you chose the wrong girl to mess with tonight you moron!" Before I knew what was happening, I manhandled him, took the knife from him, and plunged it into his chest. The man gasped for air and fell to the ground, dead within seconds.

Then it was only silence. That was before something inside me happened. My whole body was hurting. It felt like I was on fire. My head hurts like hell. After a while, the pain stopped. That's when the panic came back. I just killed a man. I got out my phone and called John.

He picked up right away.

"Amy, are you ok?"

"John I need your help! Something happened and I didn't mean it."

I knew that John understood.

"I'm on my way."

Only 10 minutes later, John came driving down the street. I told John everything that happened with my attacker and what happened with me after that. John knew exactly what I went through and he helped me with the situation. That night, we stayed up and talked about everything. I learned that night about the world of supernatural.

"I will help you through this Amy. You're not alone in this." That was comforting.

"Thank you, Uncle John."