If Today Was Your Last Day

So, here's the second last chapter. The next one is the last that follows season 3. I hope you'll like this one. I as always, got emotional.

Enjoy!

I do not own The Vampire Diaries, only my OC

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

If Today Was Your Last Day

I couldn't sleep. I miss Klaus.

I felt so numb. I love Klaus but I did the right thing... 

Didn't I? 

I looked at the clock and it showed One in the morning. Jeremy had fallen asleep an hour ago. I just tossed and turned. 

I got up and went downstairs there were no point in just lying in bed without sleeping. I took out one of Ric's whiskey bottles, it's not like he need them anymore. I took a big gulp and sat down on the couch just staring into nothing. I kept on replaying in my head everything that had happened the last 12 hours.

 Alaric becoming a vampire who hunts vampires but is now most likely dead because he didn't want to finish the transition. 

The way I felt when I woke up. The silence and the peace I felt when it was only Klaus and me in our little world. Klaus. I really broke his heart. I can't believe I did that. I feels like a huge part of me is missing. Jeremy needs me, now more than ever. I did the right thing but I just couldn't get rid of the image of his face when I broke up with him and left. My tears didn't stop. It was like couldn't turn it off. I drank my whiskey and stared into nothingness unable to sleep. 

***********

By 3 am the bottle was empty and I was drunk but still couldn't sleep. I wanted to call Klaus and tell him I was sorry but my phone was broken too. His stupid mother broke it. Maybe that was for the best. When I finally thought my tears had stopped, I replayed everything in my head again and I cried more than before.

I heard someone moving upstairs not that I cared who it was.

"Amy. What are you doing? It's 3 in the morning." Jeremy said  as he came down the stairs.

"I'm drinking my sorrows away, Jer." I told him.

"Come on. Let us get you to bed. You need to sleep." I just shook my head.

"I can't sleep Jeremy. Every time I close my eyes, I relive everything that happened tonight. I just can't do it." I said sobbing. Jeremy hated seeing me like this so he sat down next to me, trying to comfort me.

"I just need some time alone right now Jer. You should go back upstairs to sleep." I moved away from him a little bit and I could hear him sighing.

"If you think I'm leaving you alone like this, you're wrong." Jeremy pulled me into his embrace. I didn't even fight it. He just let me cry. After what seemed forever, I fell asleep. Jeremy tucked a blanket around me and fell asleep too.

*******

I groaned when I heard someone knocking on the door in the morning. I looked over at the clock on the wall. It was only 07:15. Jeremy were still fast asleep on the couch. I got up and felt the hangover in my head. I opened the door and was surprised to see Rebekah standing in front of me.

"Wow. You look like crap." Rebekah said with a frown and I sighed.

"What are you doing here Rebekah?" I asked, not understanding why she was here so early.  She gave me a sad smile.