Coming Home

Chapter 12 awaits you. Enjoy!

I do not own TVD, only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

*********

Coming Home

2 weeks had gone by and I still struggled with being in Denver. Jeremy adjusted just fine and got new friends and a job within the first week. I tried my best to be there for Jeremy but I was still heartbroken. I didn't sleep well, had nightmares all the time but I had to stand up and get out there. Jeremy could see that I wasn't happy but I put on a brave face. Our apartment were right beside my mother's cousin Marie and we became close right away. We ran each other's doors down all the time. Her husband, Samuel was a good man and he was good to Jeremy. It's good that he has someone to look up to. Marie understood my behavior. Even though the only thing Jeremy told Marie that some boy broke my heart and that I was still struggling with John's death. Which was true. In addition, it didn't help that Klaus tried to call me all the time or text me nonstop. I couldn't bring myself to listening to all the voicemail. Because I knew that if I did, I would either cave in or become even more broken and depressed than I already was.

One day, Jeremy came home during lunch.

"Hey! What are you doing home now? Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked surprised.

"I just came home to check on you. I'm worried about you." I sighed and gave him a look.

"I'm fine Jeremy. I just need some time to get over all of this." Jeremy shook his head.

"I wish you could stop lying to me, Amy. You're not fine and you're not dealing with anything." He said in a low voice. 

"Anyway, we have company. Someone who really wanted to see you." He added but I didn't understand at first. I hope it's not Klaus. I can't take that. 

"Who?" I asked carefully. Jeremy went over to the door and opened it. I never thought in a million years, that Stefan Salvatore would be standing at my doorstep in Denver.

"Well, well. Evil-Stefan. What are you doing here?" I tried to smile and felt that a little of my old self was creeping back.

"It's not Evil-Stefan anymore. My humanity is back." When Stefan said that, I felt relieved. I gave him a crushing hug and just stood there.

"I missed you bestie." I said into his chest.

"I know, I'm sorry." I let my tears fall again and at the same time, Marie came in through our backdoor. She looked at Stefan and me.

"Is that the boyfriend?" she whispered to Jeremy.

"No, that's Stefan. Her long, lost best friend." He told her with a smile.

**********

When Stefan and I finally broke apart, I made my way into the kitchen to make us some coffee before going into the living room to talk. Stefan studying me for a few seconds without saying anything.  It made me a little uncomfortable. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I knew he's asking about that because he noticed that I've gotten skinnier.

"Honestly? Like crap. I'm depressed and I don't know what to do anymore." Stefan understood what I'm feeling.

"I hate Klaus for what he did to Jeremy and to me. I don't think I could ever forgive him but.." I couldn't finish that sentence.

"You miss him." Stefan interrupted. All I could do was nodding.