Ch. 18: Eyes Of The Devil

~So with every new lesson learned, I could keep you before it turns, and the knowledge that things won't be the same~

Kiyomi's POV

Damn, my body hurts... Guess that's what happens when you get a needle stuck in your neck...

'Kid, so you're alive...' Fenrir said in a scary voice. Crap, he's about to lecture me... 'You know... I didn't tell you about Yasei and give you all this power for you to be knocked unconscious during every fight ever!' And here's the yelling. 'I gave it so you could be strong! I-'

'But that's not true, is it?' I asked calmly, trying to not get upset as well. 'You entered my body to save me from dying. You didn't care about how strong I might get.'

'True,' Fenrir said thoughtfully, all rage gone from his tone. He's so bipolar... 'But you really need to get stronger. We spent all that time training, and you learned all those new jutsus, but none of them helped in that battle. So first things first when we get back, we're working on your sensory abilities and perception of surroundings.'

I shrugged. 'Good idea. Heaven knows I need it.'

'You really do,' Fenrir nodded. 'But you may want to open your eyes. You've been unconscious for a few days.'

'Days?! Fuck!' I quickly opened my eyes. Then closed them due to the brightness of wherever I was. 'It's bright!'

'It's day. The sun is out.'

'... Shut up.'

I groaned aloud, and literally five seconds later heard feet stomping on wood, coming closer and closer. Multiple sets of feet. Then the sound of a door slamming open, and bodies plonking onto the floor near me.

"Kakashi-sensei, Kakashi-sensei! Kiyomi's waking up!" a female voice yelled loudly. Sakura? Must be, she's the only girl I know semi-well.

"Shut up Sakura," a boy's voice groaned. "You're going to disturb her."

"Sorry Sasuke-kun..." So the boy speaking was Sasuke. Where's Naruto?

"Yay, Kiya-chan's okay!" There he is. "Come on, Sensei!"

"Be patient Naruto," Kakashi said, slowly walking into the room. "Her eyes are closed. I think you just made a mistake. Now leave me alone, I want to read."

"Wow, so caring," I said weakly, still not opening my eyes. "I can just feel the love here, Sensei."

"Oh, you are awake. Why aren't your eyes open?"

"Because it's bright."

I heard a sigh, and the sound of feet moving again. Something rattled, and the room suddenly became much darker. "The shades are closed. Open your eyes now."

I did so, squinting in case it was still bright. Thankfully it wasn't. My eyes fluttered a few times, but I managed to see that all four of my team members were huddling around my bed, watching me with varying degrees of worry.

"Oh, hi there," I muttered, seeing they were still looking at me. Which made me feel a tad bit awkward.

"Hi," Kakashi replied easily. Naruto grinned, Sakura smiled, and Sasuke did his little smirk thingie. I smiled slightly, seeing that none of them looked incredibly injured from our battle with Zabuza.

Zabuza.

"Oh, how did the battle end?" I asked frantically, my eyes wide. "What happened after I was knocked out?"