Ch. 33: Iris

~And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am~

Third POV

Naruto and Jiraiya had just returned to the Leaf Village, bringing with them the woman who was to be the Fifth Hokage, Tsunade. The famed Slug Queen, renowned as one of the best medical ninja of the time.

Also a drunken gambler, but most people tended to overlook that.

"Come on, come on!" Naruto yelled, pulling Tsunade by the arm. He was taking the woman to the hospital, where she'd promised to heal three people immediately. Kakashi, still injured from his battle with Itachi, Sasuke, also injured from his battle with Itachi, and Lee, injured from his battle with Gaara.

The blond pulled Tsunade up to Sasuke's room first. Sakura was already in there, sitting by the unconscious Uchiha's bed. But she stood up when she heard the door open.

In no time, Tsunade was done with the healing, and Sasuke had opened his eyes. Sakura hugged him happily, but the boy didn't respond, seemingly out of it.

"Alright, Sasuke's good!" Naruto exclaimed. Then the jinchuriki grabbed Tsunade's arm again, and pulled her towards the door. "Now Kakashi-sensei!"

======

Kiyomi's POV

Well, we were finally far away from wherever we'd been kept. After about fifteen minutes of running we'd slowed down, and deactivated our Yasei's as well.

It was still a bit weird, that I'd finally met another host. There were only four other Elemental Beasts on the entire continent, and here I was escaping with one. And it was Bren's host, the tiger said to be Fenrir's number-one rival.

"Okay, I think we're far enough now," Orion panted, slowing to a stop. I also stopped, leaning on a nearby tree. Seems my strength hasn't fully recovered after the use of that seal. Normally my stamina's a bit better than this.

"Yeah. But now what?" I asked, looking at the older boy. I had no idea where we were, or what we'd do know.

Orion glanced at me, then shrugged. "You do whatever. I belong to no village, so I have nowhere to go," he drawled, looking at me apathetically. "I helped you here, but now my obligation ends. Later." And with a backwards wave, the boy was off, walking into the trees.

Inside my head, Fenrir growled. 'That stupid housecat! Why I outta-'

'Really?' I replied, my eye twitching. 'That's rather dramatic.'

'His host had no need to be that rude! And you helped him escape as well!'

I shrugged. 'Orion doesn't seem like he did it to be rude. I guess he's just not that social of a person.'

'Still!' Fenrir ranted. 'He could have at least told you where you were!'

'Honestly, I don't think he knows or cares. He said he doesn't belong to a village. Meaning that he's either a rogue or a freelancer.' It would make sense, considering his antisocial personality and the 'I-don't-give-a-crap' drawl he's got.

My wolf sighed. 'Fair, I suppose,' he muttered. 'Now, you'd better find out where we are. The sooner we're back in Konoha, the better.'

'... I wonder if anyone noticed?'

'Just don't think about it.'

I nodded sadly. Chances are, they didn't. Oh well. I pushed the thoughts as far back into my head as I could, and jumped into the tree I'd been leaning on.