0.3

0.3 - Spaghetti

It was almost nine in the evening, but Luke hadn't had his dinner yet.

He had been busy with Michael all the while and Ashton hadn't shown any sign of life just yet.

Luke knew Ashton was asleep and he also knew how tired Ashton had been, so he had decided to let him sleep. He knew his best friend had the habit to turn on an alarm clock, so he wasn't that worried about Ashton.

He was worried about Michael. The poor boy seemed to be unable to speak or stand and walk properly. And of course most of all, how was he supposed to explain this to Ashton?

"Lu-u... Lu..." Michael frowned as he couldn't get the name out, a pout appearing.

"Luke," the blonde boy said slowly, sitting down on the edge of the bed with the food he had gotten.

Michael was sat on the bed, his back against the head board with pillows in between. His ears were still moving as well as his tail, which Luke had found out he had.

"Lu.. Ke?" Michael tried out, blinking before trying it again, "Lu-ke. Luke." Michael smiled widely, his ears perked up and his tail flicking from side to side somewhat faster.

"Good job!" Luke praised, smiling widely as well. "How about you eat something, yeah? You must be hungry still."

Michael nodded, causing Luke to hold up some left over spaghetti his mum had left when she had visited the day before yesterday.

"Can you say 'yes, please'?" Luke watched as Michael listened, seeming to think before slowly speaking, "y-ye-sh, p-pluh-ease."

"Good enough," Luke spoke proudly, scooting closer and sitting down next to Michael to give him the bowl of spaghetti. "Look, this is a fork. You hold it like this," Luke showed Michael how to eat the spaghetti, before handing the cat-boy his food.

Michael carefully took the bowl, the fork in his other hand. He copied Luke's actions from earlier and successfully took a bite of the spaghetti.

"G-ood!" Michael spoke excitedly, after he had chewed and swallowed his bite.

Luke smiled widely, not even bothered by the boy on his bed actually being a stranger. However, Luke reasoned with himself, Michael wasn't exactly a stranger. He was his cat, after all.

Keyword was.

"So, Michael," Luke started, watching Michael eat the spaghetti a bit messily, "can you explain how exactly you eh... well, turned into a human?"

Michael stopped eating, looking at Luke before thinking. He then shook his head, his ears falling down slightly.

The thing was, Michael did -sort of- know what happened, but he couldn't explain it. He strangely did know the words he had to use for it, but he couldn't speak them. He could always try, but he felt like even if he did try, he was sure it wouldn't work out.

"Maybe you'll remember later," Luke shrugged, not that bothered. He knew Michael needed time anyway.

"I'm going to check up on my friend, yeah? Just stay here and, eh, I guess finish eating or something. I'll be back soon." Luke made sure he saw Michael nod, before he ran from his room to go check up on Ashton.

As if on cue, Ashton's alarm rang.

Ashton groaned, lifting his head sleepily as he fumbled to get his phone. He then quickly shut off the alarm and turned around, as he had been lying on his stomach.

At the same moment, Luke carefully opened Ashton's door, peeking in.

"Hey," Ashton mumbled sleepily to the blonde boy, who smiled a little nervously, "hi."

"I'll make something soon," Ashton continued sleepily, sighing. Luke hummed in agreement, quickly closing the door and going back to his room.

Michael was still eating the spaghetti, his tail flicking happily behind him. Luke smiled at the cat-eared boy, closing his bedroom door behind him.

"Lu!" Michael said happily, not bothering to say Luke's whole name. He was just one lazy cat. Human. Lazy human. Or hybrid?

"Hey Mikey," Luke greeted back, sitting down next to Michael. The cat-boy immediately held out the bowl to Luke, "don-d-eh..."

"Done?" Luke guessed, watching as Michael nodded and held the bowl even further away.

Luke took the bowl and placed it on his nightstand, before turning back to Michael. He, on the other hand, had decided it was a good moment to clean himself.

And so, Luke watched in amusement as the cat-eared boy licked his hand and then cleaned his face as if he was a cat. Luke had to teach Michael so much, but he didn't mind at all. He actually kind of looked forward to it.

As Michael finished cleaning himself, he sighed happily and snuggled into Luke's side. It surprised Luke a little, but as a cat, Michael had been quite snuggly as well.

And it was from that moment, that Luke was convinced that the boy that was snuggled into his side, was really his cat. The cat that had been white earlier that day and had been peacefully sleeping on his lap.

That cat, was now a human with cat-ears. A hybrid.

But Luke didn't really mind.

Ashton, on the other hand, didn't even know about it. Not yet.

He still didn't as he walked into the kitchen to make some dinner for him and Luke. He did find it odd that Michael's bowl was empty and Michael was nowhere to be seen. Normally he would be begging for the bowl to be filled.

But, Ashton shrugged it off. It was Luke's cat, so he could figure it out.

The next thing Ashton stumbled upon, was the leftover spaghetti that had half of it missing. He had planned to make that as dinner -because Liz's spaghetti was amazing- but now he could only make it for one person.

Maybe Luke had already eaten, he thought to himself, walking towards Luke's room to ask. Because if Luke had done so, it wasn't much of a problem if Ashton ate the rest, right?

Ashton knocked on Luke's bedroom door, calling out his name. Some stumbling was heard, before Luke opened the door a little, just to peek out. "Yes?"

"Did you eat half of your mum's spaghetti?" Ashton asked, holding out the half empty box of spaghetti.

"Eh, yeah. Yeah I did. Sorry. You can take the rest," Luke grinned widely -and a little fake- before closing the door again.

Ashton frowned, but then shrugged and went to the kitchen to warm his spaghetti up. By now, Ashton was really hungry.

It took a bit and while waiting, Ashton could swear he heard Luke speak to someone in his room. But then again, he could be just calling with someone. That also explained his behaviour when Ashton asked him about the spaghetti. Yeah, Ashton thought, that must be it.

Once the spaghetti was warm, Ashton took a fork and settled down. While eating, his mind somehow strayed off to the boy that had visited the shop.

He had been so cute, yet a little awkward. But Ashton didn't mind the awkwardness at all, because it was a cute awkwardness.

He never got to ask the boy's name, which was a shame, because Ashton quite liked the boy. Not necessarily as in like-like, but just friends for a starter.

Maybe he would visit the shop again. Ashton really hoped so.

Because if he did, Ashton was going to ask his name.

Just to be a friend.