1.7

1.7 - Rivalry

Ashton had suggested that he took a day off and let his friend come over. He rather stayed with them, just to make sure everything was okay. And he didn't want to have to leave halfway because he had to go to work.

Luke wasn't all too sure about it and told Ashton they could always do it the next weekend, because Ashton shouldn't miss work. But, his curly haired friend was sure they should do it that day.

Michael wasn't protesting, because he really wanted to meet that friend by now. Someone the same as Michael? That was just exciting. Someone 'similar', as Ashton had said.

All three were sitting on the couch, Michael trying to sit still. But his tail just gave away that he was excited, because it flicked from side to side and it didn't stop. Not even when it had hit Ashton in the face several times and even caused Ashton to sneeze.

When there was a knock on the door, Michael got scared. He had been excited so far, but now that Ashton had gotten up and was walking towards the door, Michael was getting scared.

Luke chuckled at the cat-boy, going to stand in sight of the front door. Michael ran after him, hiding behind the tall blonde. Maybe this would make him invisible. It could work, right?

As Ashton opened the door, a cheery voice greeted him. It immediately made Ashton happy and Luke's head shot up as he heard the voice. It sounded familiar.

"Hey Cal, come in." Ashton said, letting in the boy, who was once again dressed in all black, wearing a beanie.

Luke was confused and blushing.

Confused, because he thought Ashton's friend would be a hybrid and would be coming by.

Blushing, because the last time he saw Calum, it had been quite clear that the blonde liked him. Awkwardly clear.

Calum was smiling, even when Ashton closed the door behind him, until his eyes fell on Luke. His eyes then widened as his cheeks heated up a little. He did not expect this.

"Guys, this is Calum. Calum, the blonde one is my roommate-"

"Luke," Calum breathed out, interrupting Ashton. Ashton gave Calum an odd look, nodding slowly as he brought out, "yeah..."

"Yeah," Luke mumbled, looking down with red cheeks. Michael was poking his head out from behind Luke, scrunching his nose as he saw Calum.

"B-boy sm-smells li-ke d-dog." Michael said, poking Luke as if to say 'look'.

Calum gave Michael a confused look, not seeing the ears that were pressed down and hidden in the white hair. Ashton was still confused about basically everything.

"Okay, wait. Luke, you know Calum?" Ashton asked the blonde, looking at him in pure confusion.

"Y-yeah. He's-I-em -- I told you about him before?" Luke mumbled, ashamed to admit Calum had been the 'cute boy' Luke had told about the other day.

"Yeah, we eh, m-met before." Calum stuttered out, giving Ashton a sheepish look.

"Well, em, eh, okay. I guess?" Ashton was still confused, but then he shook it off to get to the point. "Anyhow. The one with the white hair, behind Luke, that's Michael. He's the hybrid I told you about."