0.6

0.6 - Explain

When Ashton got home -all smiley and happy- he noticed it was silent in the house.

It made him frown a little, because usually Luke would be in the living room, watching TV or playing with Michael. And usually when he would come home, he'd sneeze at least once. But, now that Ashton thought about it, next to not seeing Luke that much, he also hadn't seen Michael. Not at all.

Of course, on the one side, that was nice, because like said, Ashton hadn't sneezed that much or even had teary eyes. But it was confusing.

If Luke ever had those days that he locked himself in his room, he always let the door open just a little bit so Michael could get in and out. But now, the door was closed and Michael was nowhere to be seen.

Then something came to mind.

What if Michael accidentally got out of the apartment and hasn't returned?, Ashton thought, almost gasping. That couldn't be it, right?

And so, Ashton ended up calling out Luke's name, a little anxious that Michael was no longer here. Because no matter how annoyed Ashton could get because of the white cat, he didn't want the cat gone. Never. The cat made Luke happy and that's all Ashton wanted. For his best friend to be happy.

"Luke?" Ashton called out, standing in front of the closed bedroom door and knocking on it softly.

On the other side of the door, Luke was still sleeping. His head was on Michael's shoulder, his mouth a little opened as soft snores left him.

And Michael was scared.

He knew Ashton and he knew Ashton didn't really like him. So he was really scared Ashton would now not only not like him, but hate him. And so, his tail had fallen silent beneath the covers as his ears were flat and pressed to his head.

He tried to shake Luke awake, but the blonde wouldn't budge, too tired to wake up from such tiny shakings.

"Luke, I'm coming in," Ashton warned, his hand already on the doorknob. As he didn't get an answer, he opened the door and stepped in, "Luke?"

Ashton's eyes then fell on the stranger in Luke's bed, that was looking at him with big greenish eyes. His hair was white (almost as white as Michael's fur was, Ashton thought) and he was wearing Luke's clothes.

"What the..." Ashton brought out, looking at the white-haired boy in confusion and ignoring the small stinging in his eyes, which was a bit normal if he was in Luke's room. Who was he and why was he in Luke's bed?

"Luke," Ashton asked loudly, almost forgetting Luke was asleep. Michael, however, managed to poke Luke's side at the same time, which send Luke into an upright sitting position.

"Wha?" Luke asked sleepily, yawning and rubbing at his eyes.

Once he let his hands fall to his lap and his eyes were opened enough the notice Ashton, something in his mind suddenly clicked. Fuck.

Luke bolted from his bed and towards Ashton, pushing the older boy from his room and stepping outside himself before closing his bedroom door. "Ashton."

"Luke, what the fuck?!" Ashton questioned, his face displaying a range of emotions. "Who is that and why haven't you told me anything?"

Luke flinched back a little at the loudness of Ashton's voice, trying to think of a story to tell. He couldn't quite tell the truth now, could he? For all he knew, Ashton would freak even more and demand that Michael had to leave the apartment.

"I-I'm sorry. I, eh, I forgot to tell you." Luke swallowed, seeing Ashton cross his arms and raise his eyebrows. "He's my cousin."

"So? What is he doing here? And why didn't you tell me Luke? I've been worried! You could've just told me." Ashton reasoned, now frowning at his roommate. "Explain yourself, please."