2.9

2.9 - Doctor Joy

"I don't think this is good."

It was an obvious observation, which Ashton had already made a day ago. It was now three days after Michael had the first morning of sickness and it was still counting, this being the fourth.

"I know." Ashton sighed, stirring the soup he had made once again.

"He should be taken to a doctor." Luke continued, taking the juice and glasses he had gotten to the kitchen isle, where Calum was seated.

"I don't -- I'm afraid to. What if the doctor notices something? What would happen if they somehow find out he's a hybrid? I don't want to lose him, Luke."

"I know something." Calum said, sitting up a bit. The two other boys turned to him, both raising their eyebrows. "I mean, my mum's a doctor. Mostly kids and pregnancy and stuff. But I bet she could help."

Both stared at Calum for a moment, before Ashton nodded slowly. "Yeah, makes sense. Do you think she has time tomorrow morning?"

"She's off today." Calum mumbled, seeming to think.

"I could take Michael, Ash. You gotta work. And it'll be fine, yeah? He'll be safe with us." Luke proposed, raising his eyebrows.

"Um, Luke, you had a doctor's appointment yourself, remember?" Calum said, frowning a little.

"No, dentist -- crap! Dentist appointment." With those words, Luke quickly started making some breakfast to eat.

"I'll take him. It's my mum anyway. She could pick us up here, drive us to the clinic, help Michael out and drive us back. Nothing bad will happen and it's to get Michael better." Calum said, smiling a little proudly.

"'s good idea." Luke said, his mouth full as he was shovelling his breakfast in.

"Okay." Ashton said with a sigh. "But I want to know what it is as soon as you know it and I want a call from Michael when you two are home, okay?"

"Yes daddy." Calum said with a giggle, ignoring Ashton grumbling and Luke's slight choking.

"I'm going to bring him his soup." Ashton said, taking his self-made soup with him and doing as said. Michael was sleeping again, so Ashton let him be for a bit, knowing the soup was still really hot anyway. He quickly gathered some of his clothes and ran to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, Ashton went back to his room (fully clothed, of course), seeing Michael sit up and eat his soup.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Ashton asked, as he leaned on the bed to press a kiss to the boy's forehead.

"Better." Michael said softly. "Tummy okay now."

"That's good. Calum is taking you to the doctor today, though. Is that okay?"

"Not Boo?" Michael looked at Ashton with widened eyes, his ears down in slight fear.

"I got to work, baby. But Calum's mum will look after you and it will all be fine, yeah? I told Calum to update me and to let you call me once you two get home." Ashton reassured the boy, sitting down on the bed and pressing another kiss to the boy's head. "Everything will be fine. You can trust Calum."