2.1

AN: Hello again, hehe. Double update whoop. Be sure you've read the one before this (: Enjoy again xx

2.1 - Copy Cat

Another week had passed.

Nothing much had happened, or so it seemed.

Michael hadn't progressed much on speaking, but he did get further with numbers and anything related, as well as writing. He now knew all the basic things that every human knew, for as far as the boys could think of things one should know.

What did progress much, however, was the sort-of-but-not-exactly-a-relationship-relationship Luke and Calum seemed to have. It was quite confusing, really.

And of course Ashton's allergy. The shot was working and the curly haired boy could happily cuddle the cat-boy without having burning eyes or the urge to sneeze. And that made him really happy.

But today was a day of changes.

Luke had been dressed nicely, waiting for the dark haired dog-boy to arrive. Because even though Michael didn't really need to be taught much anymore, Calum still came over a lot to hang out.

All four boys had grown to be best friends, which was quite remarkable in such a short time. But Calum was just easily likeable and Michael, well, they couldn't not like him either.

In the mean time of Luke waiting, Ashton and Michael were eating breakfast. It was still kind of early, but neither minded. For Ashton it had become a normal thing to wake up early anyway and since Michael sometimes slept in his bed (he alternated between Luke and Ashton every night), he didn't always mind waking up early.

What he did mind, was the fact that he didn't sleep well. Or much, really.

Ever since a week ago, the day Michael had kissed him, he had been thinking. And thinking and thinking and thinking. And that was the reason he didn't sleep well.

He had been thinking about how he felt towards the cat-boy. He had been thinking about how he would react to it. He had been thinking if it was possible for them to get into a relationship. He had been thinking a lot.

"Ashy?" Michael asked quietly, blinking at the curly haired boy across from him. It pulled Ashton from his thoughts, making him smile automatically at the way Michael had started to refuse to say his whole name and had thought of a nickname. Just like Luke was still Lu. Though, Michael didn't have a nickname for Calum yet, because he wasn't sure if he liked Calum. After all, Calum was still a dog. Partially.

"Yeah?" Ashton looked at Michael, swirling his fork through the last few bits of his scrambled eggs. Something he made a lot more ever since Michael had asked for them. He now had even picked up on calling it 'mushy eggs'.

"What was thinking about?" Michael's tail flicked behind him, his ears perked up and his hands clasped together.

"Oh, nothing, really," Ashton rambled a little too quickly, his cheeks flushing a little as he looked down at his food. No way that he was admitting to Michael that he was thinking about him and, well, them.

Michael frowned, pouting a little at the idea of Ashton keeping something from him. But he knew not to push and continued with his breakfast.

By now, Calum had texted Luke that he was on his way up, making Luke a little nervous.

The blonde waited near the door, taking a deep breath to calm himself once a knock sounded. He had been ready to face Calum this morning, but now it came to it, Luke had gotten unsure. He opened the door nonetheless (he couldn't leave Calum outside, could he?) and smiled widely. Even if he was nervous or unsure or anything, Calum always made him smile.