0.4

0.4 - Walking for breakfast

It was the next day, that Ashton found himself up early, taking his time with his morning routine.

Luke, on the other hand, was still sleeping and Ashton didn't plan on waking him up. He knew Luke could be quite grumpy if woken up and Ashton was in quite the happy mood.

Maybe it was because he had a chance of seeing the cute boy again.

Nah, he told himself, it must be the good sleep I had.

If only Luke could think that when he woke up.

He hadn't slept at all.

Michael had been awake in the middle of the night, being really active and needing some sort of entertainment.

Luke had eventually turned on the TV, managing to get Michael to watch that. Michael may not have understood anything that happened on the TV -or most of it- but he was distracted, so it was all good.

All in all, Luke hadn't slept much and he had been awake a few times.

But, waking up with a warm and cute boy pressed up against you, Luke couldn't find it in him to complain.

"Good morning Mikey," Luke mumbled sleepily, as his half-opened eyes met a pair of greenish ones. Michael giggled in response, before nuzzling his face in Luke's neck. And Luke loved that. He loved it a lot.

As Luke cuddled Michael close, Ashton was getting out of the shower.

Ashton had his slow morning planned out by then, knowing he could take the time for everything until he had to work.

He moved to the kitchen -once he had dressed himself properly- and started on a breakfast. He made breakfast for two, making sure to first make his own.

As he was eating his own breakfast, he made Luke's, planning to bring it to his room. By now, it was nearing eleven, so Luke must be awake.

Ashton soon finished making Luke's breakfast and eating his own, so he took a tray and put the stuff on it.

"Luke?" Ashton called, as he tried to knock on the door. It wasn't easy while carrying the tray and he definitely couldn't open the door.

"Just a minute!" Luke called back, feet hitting the floor as Ashton waited patiently.

Luke, on the other side of the door, was frantically pulling on a sweater and trying to get Michael to go to his bathroom. Michael was confused, but he knew the bathroom was quite fun from when he was a cat.

He remembered how he always played with the drops of water that came from the tap, or the bubbles of soap that managed to escape the bath. And of course the stack of towels was always heavenly to take a nap on.

So, Michael stumbled into the bathroom as Luke helped him there, sitting down on the ground. Luke then ran back to his room to open the door with a wide -not suspicious at all- grin. "Hey."

"Morning. I made you some breakfast, yeah?" Ashton said happily, stepping inside and placing the tray on Luke's bed. As he was bowed over, he felt a sneeze coming up. He quickly stepped back and let it out, groaning. "Ugh, it was going so well." Ashton shook his head, pouting a little, before turning to Luke, "so, enjoy, I guess."

"Thanks," Ashton nodded, going to leave the room again, when a sound came from the bathroom. He frowned, "eh, is everything okay in there?"

Luke nodded almost frantically, "yeah, that must be Michael. I think he just went there. Maybe he hit a shampoo bottle or something. You know how he is in the bathroom, always playing and stuff."

"O-kay..." Ashton slowly brought out, giving Luke an odd look. "Whatever you say."

Luke smiled again, waving at Ashton and pretending to walk towards his bed to go and eat his breakfast.

"I'll be gone around noon, as always, yeah?" Luke mumbled some sort of 'okay', before Ashton left Luke, closing the door behind him.

Luke stayed frozen for a moment, hearing Ashton's footsteps leave, before jumping up and running to his bathroom.

In the middle of the bathroom, Michael was sat on the floor, pouting at everything around him.

"Mikey," Luke breathed out.

"Lu!" Michael cheered happily, holding out his arms to Luke. The blonde couldn't help but smile at the cat-boy, approaching him.

"How about I teach you how to walk? Might make things easier." Michael was looking at Luke, just blinking. Luke sighed, but held out his hands. Michael grinned as he took Luke's hands, waiting for Luke to help him up.

"Okay, Michael, put your feet flat on the ground like mine, you see?" Michael looked at Luke's feet, before putting his own flat on the floor successfully.

"Now, hold onto my hands as I pull you up, yes?" The cat-boy nodded, watching Luke as he leaned backwards, pulling Michael up with some effort. Once Michael stood, he staggered a bit, but Luke steadied him.

"Now you're standing. I'm going to let you go and you just have to stay upright, yeah?" Michael nodded slowly, not all too sure what Luke meant but going along with it.

Luke carefully let go of Michael, but Michael didn't like that. He squeaked, trying to grab Luke in some way.

"No, no, stay. Michael, try and stay upright." Michael whimpered as Luke stepped away, but to both their surprise, Michael managed to stand on his own.

"Lu!" Michael then cheered once again, smiling widely at Luke, making Luke laugh. It was kind of cute to Luke how Michael refused to say his whole name, simply because he found the 'ke' part annoying. And because it was cute, Luke didn't mind at all.

"C'mon Mikey, now try and walk to me." Luke gestured for Michael to walk towards him, watching as Michael shakily tried to lift one of his legs, hoping to step forward.

In the meanwhile, Ashton was cleaning up the kitchen. It wasn't much, as Ashton was quite the neat cook, but it needed to be done.

After cleaning the kitchen, he went to his own bathroom to make sure he still looked okay enough to leave and then went to get his shoes.

Once he had on his shoes and taken a jacket, he shouted a 'goodbye' to Luke. He never got an answer, but then again, he didn't really expect one anyway.

And as he was driving to his work, his mind went to the cute tanned boy. The one that ran away after hugging him.

Luke's mind, at that same time, was filled with hope. He was hoping Michael would keep doing so well.

By now, Michael had managed to at least take a step or two. So Luke was really positive.

But, as Michael took a step and was in front of Luke, Luke took a step back. And so, Michael whined, pouting at Luke and looking at him with sad eyes.

"C'mon, you can do this, if you walk to the bed you can eat." The last made Michael's ears perk up, his eyes big and no longer sad. "Ea-t?"

"Yeah, food. Like the spaghetti from yesterday?" Luke explained, while stepping back. Michael nodded excitedly, taking a quick step forward and steadying himself before he could fall.

"Careful, Mikey. Don't hurry yourself." Luke worriedly said, taking a step back as Michael took one forward.

It went like that -with Michael occasionally staggering- until both boys reached the bed.

"You did it!" Luke cheered, hugging Michael. The cat-boy squeaked in surprise at the sudden movement, but soon hugged back. He liked it. It was warm and nice and it smelled like Luke.

"Now, how about we sit down and eat, yeah?" Luke suggested, helping Michael on the bed and pulling the tray closer.

In the meanwhile, Ashton had arrived at work and May-Belle had left. He patiently sat behind the counter, spinning on the chair as he waited for something to happen. And of course, while hoping that maybe (just maybe) the cute boy would return.