1.0

1.0 - Miracle cookie

"Honey, I'm home!" Ashton said, as he entered the apartment, immediately feeling his allergy kick in as his eyes stung a little. But still, he couldn't help but chuckle at himself. Even if it wasn't that funny.

"Ash!" Luke happily exclaimed, appearing from the kitchen, "oh my God, I saw such a cute boy today!"

Michael followed the blonde to where Ashton was, giggling lightly at Luke's happiness. Because again, he wasn't jealous. He was even really happy that Luke had taken a liking into someone, because all he wanted, was for Luke to be happy.

"Really now?" Ashton asked, smirking lightly at his best friend. Luke nodded quickly, trying to hide a smile as he played with his lipring. Ashton then remembered he had seen the two boys across from him holding hands earlier today, making him frown a little.

"What's -- what's wrong?" Luke immediately asked. Ashton moved his eyes to Michael for a moment, before looking back at Luke. "Just, eh, it's -- it's nothing."

Luke narrowed his eyes at the curly haired lad, before turning around and whispering to Michael. Michael nodded, waving at Ashton and then going back to the kitchen. Luke stepped closer to Ashton, an eyebrow raised. "Now, what is it?"

Ashton sighed, "just, I saw you two this morning, when I came back to get my phone. And, well, you were holding hands. So..."

Luke's face was blank for a moment, the wheels in his head turning rapidly as he tried to come up with a good excuse. "Michael gets scared easily," he then spoke softly, as if he didn't want Michael to hear, "so, I guess it was a reflex of his to hold onto something, you know?"

Ashton frowned for a moment, feeling bad for the boy. It seemed like he had been through so much and it hurt Ashton that he couldn't help him. "Oh."

"Yeah, just, he'll get better eventually. I'm sure." Luke nodded, mostly to himself. He was quite convinced that Michael would get more... 'human' eventually. But on the other hand, Luke liked Michael so cat-like. He was cuddly and so unaware of a lot of things. He was just so cute.

And he was what Luke had missed a lot.

Maybe it was Luke's fault that he hadn't gone out much to even try and find someone, but he just didn't like going out that much. And still he really wanted someone.

"Okay, just, I wish I could help. I guess." Ashton mumbled, unaware that Michael was listening to the conversation. Both Luke and Ashton could have realised that it wasn't that hard to hear everything from the kitchen, but they hadn't really thought of it.

In the kitchen, at that moment, Michael frowned. He didn't like Ashton sad. Sure, he and Ashton never really had a bond when Michael had been a cat, but he didn't like anyone sad. Which included Ashton. And so, he was now determined to loosen up to Ashton and try and make Ashton happy.

"It's okay," Luke told his best friend, patting his shoulder. "Let's go and eat some of the cookies I made. With Michael's help. I'm sure that'll make him happy."

Ashton smiled softly, nodding. Luke then smiled as well, leading the way to the kitchen.

As they entered the kitchen, the smell of cookies was almost overwhelming. But in a good way. Ashton almost started drooling.

Michael was sat on a chair, munching on a cookie silently, his ears trying to perk up beneath the beanie as Luke entered the kitchen. The cat-boy waved at the boys, continuing to eat his cookie. Ashton waved back with a smile, happy that Michael already seemed easier with him. At least, that's what Ashton thought.

"So, you and Luke made cookies, hmh?" Ashton asked the white haired boy, hoping to get a response out of him. Michael simply nodded. It wasn't what Ashton wanted as response, but he was happy with it nonetheless. After all, it took longer for someone to warm up.

Luke chuckled at Ashton's attempt to get something from the cat-boy, but stopped in surprise as Michael took a cookie and held it out to Ashton.

Ashton was surprised as well, but soon smiled and took the cookie. He took a bite and hummed, chewing and swallowing before speaking, "these are really good!"

Michael blushed, pointing at Luke. "D-did most."

Luke's eyes widened, while Ashton almost choked on his cookie. Because this was new. Michael just spoke. To Ashton.

Luke was mostly surprised at how easily it had come out, but he was also a little surprised Michael had talked to Ashton. So far the cat-boy had seemed persistent to only speak to Luke. Ashton, however, couldn't hide a smile. Despite almost choking on a cookie. "Really now?"

"Nuh-uh," Luke protested, hiding a smile, "don't lie Michael. You helped really well."

Michael was still blushing, looking down shyly. If his ears weren't hidden beneath a beanie, they would have flattened to the sides in shyness.

Ashton chuckled softly at the sight, eating the rest of his cookie. He didn't lie when he said it tasted really good.

"So, what have you guys done today?" Ashton asked, before adding, "apart from Luke seeing a cute boy, apparently."

Luke fake-glared at Ashton, as Michael giggled softly. And as Luke was about to answer, Michael surprised both boys even more. "I-ice cr-cream."

Everyone fell silent, the surprised boys staring at Michael, who took the silence bad and went red in embarrassment. "S-s-sor-ry!"

"No, no! Mikey, it's okay," Luke immediately said, getting closer to the flushed boy and hugging him tightly. "It's okay. You're doing amazing."

"I'll... I'll leave you guys, yeah?" Ashton said quietly, looking at Luke. The blonde nodded, patting Michael's back carefully. Ashton left the kitchen and went to his own room, while Luke comforted Michael. "Hey, it's okay, yeah? You did nothing wrong."

Luke checked if Ashton was really gone, before removing Michael's beanie and carefully caressing his cat ears. "It's okay."

Michael took a deep breath, before humming softly. Despite feeling a little embarrassed still, Michael enjoyed this, and he wasn't afraid to show Luke. He never was afraid of anything when it came to Luke. Or well, he couldn't remember anything that made him feel the opposite when around the blonde. Sure, the dog-incident earlier that day hadn't been the smartest thing from the blonde, but making a mistake is human.

Luke smiled, humming along with Michael, making the cat-boy giggle. That in turn made Luke smile wider as he continued to pet the cat-boy, content with this very moment.