1.5

1.5 - That mood

When the clock struck six, the front door fell shut.

Michael had heard the sound, sitting up immediately. He had been lying on the bed, letting Ashton pet his ears as his head was on Ashton's chest, something he found very calming and nice.

The whole time, Michael had been worried and sad. Sure, he had been happy around breakfast, but as Luke didn't return, he had grown worried. Because Luke always told Michael where he went and now he had been away so long without telling him. Which also hurt and just made him sad.

He wondered if Luke was okay and why he had left without telling Michael. Was Luke mad at Michael? Or did Luke just want to be alone? Or was Luke kidnapped even?

Michael was confused and really sad, but now that someone had entered the apartment, he was filled with hope again.

"Go look," Ashton encouraged, smiling at Michael as he jumped up and ran from the bedroom. The curly lad decided to follow, just to make sure Michael wouldn't run off and the person that had entered was really Luke and not some burglar.

Michael skipped into the hall, smiling widely at Luke, "Lu!"

Luke, however, didn't give Michael any attention. He simply hung away his jacket and got rid of his shoes. He was mad at Michael for leaving him for Ashton.

"Lu?" Michael questioned carefully, his tail easing down. He could feel that Luke wasn't happy, making him frown and his happiness from seeing Luke again disappear. "Some-someth-ing hap-happen-ed?"

At that question, Luke looked up at Michael with a glare. "Yes, something happened. Obviously."

Michael frowned even more, his tail completely silent behind him as his ears were down. "W-what?"

"You happened, goddamnit. I thought us cuddling was nice and all, but the moment I'm asleep, you go and cuddle Ashton!" Luke knew it wasn't completely true, but he didn't really know how to say it otherwise. He was just jealous. Jealous that after a fight with his best friend, his cat chose his best friend. His cat.

"D-did not... W-wanted..." Michael stuttered, trying to find the right words as he was trembling. He did not like this Luke. He wanted the nice and cuddly Luke, not the angry loud Luke.

"I know I fucked up, but I needed cuddles too! But no, my best friend lets you in and you two go and replace me! Great friends I have." Luke said, the last sarcastically.

At that same moment, Ashton decided to step in. He stepped besides Michael, his arms crossed and a stern glare pointed at Luke, "it's not fair to shove this all on Michael and you know that, Luke."

"Why isn't it? It's his fault! He went to your room when we were cuddling. Am I really not good enough?" Luke countered, looking at both boys across from him with anger.

"He just thought cuddling would make me happy, you can't blame it on him, Luke. And as for us, that is your fault. You were the one that kept this from me. So this is all just as much your fault as anyone's." Ashton spoke calmly, looking at Luke sternly as he did. He really wanted to hug Michael, as the poor boy was still trembling, but he also wanted to get his point across. And if he would hug Michael right now, Luke would yell again and then he might say things he'd regret. And even if he and Ashton were fighting, Ashton didn't want for Luke to do that.