Chapter 7 ~ Apology Accepted

Nope. Still not telling you what Levin saw behind the door. Huehuehue!

Zane's POV

I haven't seen my brother in days. He usually comes to check on me, and catch up for he last few years. But I've heard that some drama happened or something and now he's angry.

Laurance never comes in either, but it's more normal for him. As for Aphmau, she comes all the time. More than usual. She's trying to figure out a way to free me from my father's hands, but the only real way is for her to battle my father and get the soul stone away from him.

Through the window that I have, I see things. I think something happened between Aphmau and Garroth. They don't stop to speak with each other in the streets, opposed to the usual 'stop and chat and hope that nothing happens where we need to be there' routine.

Aphmau's POV

I've tried so many times to explain to Garroth what happened, but he doesn't believe me. Laurance has been avoiding me, yet he's the only one who can get Garroth to talk to me.

Eventually I grew tired of chasing Garroth around. I found Laurance, and dragged him and Garroth to our house, which felt super empty because Zoey and the boys are gone.

"Laurance. You are going to explain to Garroth what happened. And Garroth. You are going to listen, and actually consider what he has to say. And if you get into a fight or anything, I'm done with both of you. I can cut both of you out of my life just as quickly as I let you in." I commanded firmly. I really didn't want to cut either of them away from me, but I was super stressed at the moment, and I really hated the fact that I couldn't rely on two of the most important people in my life.

I stayed silent. Garroth said nothing, but turned to Laurance expectingly, waiting for answers.

"Garroth, I know that you aren't happy about what happened, but I can promise you this: The whole thing was my fault. Aphmau had no part in my actions. I was drunk, which isn't an excuse, but I was. And I was so jealous of the happy life you were living with Aphmau, that I wanted to make it mine. I wanted to be the one who got to live with such a beautiful woman, it was selfish. Honestly, Aph is lucky to be able to be with such a wonderful person. She deserves you, and you deserve her. I have no right to be in your life. I'm just a selfish idiot. I'm sorry, you have every right to hate me right now, but you have no right to be mad at Aphmau. Haven't you seen how miserable she is without you?! Please, for her sake, don't be angry." Laurance had started crying in all of that. I had never seen Laurance cry before, but anyone with the ability to see could have seen that he was truly sorry.

Garroth looked less cold and angry, but more desperate. For what? I'm not sure, "You're right, I am mad at you. But you're wrong about one thing. I don't deserve Aphmau, and I don't deserve a friend like you. My anger was pure selfishness as well. I am truly sorry for how I have been treating you, and everybody. Forgive me?" He looked at me.

I don't know why, but I started crying. I cried and nodded. Soon we were a group cry babies, not willing to forget our emotion.

And we were okay with that.

A/N-- HEHE THE CLIFFHANGER FROM LAST CHAPTER IS REAL!!!

Lol

Anyways, you guys remember my friend Dixie? Yeah. Well, her birthday is tomorrow (Nov 24) and I would like it if you could drop by her account and just write Happy Birthday on her message board. I'm not saying you have to, but I'm sure it will make her happy.

Thank you.

~Ninja

=^-^=