Chapter 12 ~ Smile Through Your Tears

Okay, first of all, does anybody know what anime that the chapter cover is from? There were subtitles on the original photo that I cropped out that said 'I remember' or something like that and now I kind of want to watch it...

Anyways, on with le story!

Aphmau's POV

"Aphmau..." Garroth said in a warning voice. It had little to no affect on me.

"Garroth..." I replied in mock warning.

"Aph, please, I don't want to fight."

"FIGHT ME BRUH!!"

"Would you stop that?! I'm beginning to lose my patience. I'm trying to be rational, but I refuse to let you do this."

"Garroth, I think you've forgotten, I'm an independent woman; I can take care of myself. You don't need to constantly be at my side. If I want to travel, if I want to go visit a friend for a weekend, I don't need you constantly being stuck to me, seriously. Sometimes, I want a break, and that's now. You're really clingy and that's not right!"

"Oh. Is That it? YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT IT'S WRONG TO WANT TO BE MY WIFE'S PROTECTOR?!" He snapped. I had an idea, that I wanted to visit O'khasis, to visit Ezra, after all she did help me escape my prison there...and I wanted to ask her a question. And my 'loving' husband thought it was a bad idea for me to go alone. Now, I would be okay with bringing a plus-one, but I promised Ezra that I wouldn't tell anyone about her existence. Therefore, I can't bring anybody.

"YOU KNOW WHAT GARROTH?!?! IT DOESN'T EVEN FEEL LIKE YOU'RE MY PROTECTOR ANYMORE!! IT FEELS LIKE YOU'RE MY JAILER!!"

Garroth had fire in his eyes. He was mad. I wasn't scared of him though. I know his weakness, and that is, he can't stand to see me get hurt. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he were the one to hurt me. He wouldn't be able to lay a finger on me. Or so I thought.

He stared at me with pure anger, and then, he raised his hand, and bringing it into contact with my face, slapping me.

Garroth's POV

She ran out the door, crying before I had realized what I had done. I stared into nothing before my brain comprehended what had just happened.

"Oh my Irene, I'm such an idiot." I muttered to myself, "What have I done?"

I ran out of the house, chasing Aphmau into the woods, in the direction of the treehouse.

"Aph, wait! I didn't mean it!" I yelled as I chased after her.

"You don't mean anything you say do you?!" She spun around, and faced me, "You say you trust me. You don't mean it! You say you want me to be happy. You don't mean it! You say you love me. You don't mean it!! Why Garroth?!" She had tears streaming down her face.

"No, Aphmau, I love you. I always have, and I always will. Do you think that I would've married you if I didn't? Do you think that I fake my love, for some, party prank? No, never! Aph, I love you, please believe me, I would never do anything to hurt you!" I cried in desperation.

"You don't mean that either, do you?!" She yelled back. It had started raining, but neither of us took notice, "After all, you hurt me less than half an hour ago, if you don't remember!"

"I didn't mean to slap-"

"I wasn't talking about the slap! I mean, you've proven that after almost five years of knowing each other, you still can't trust me to take care of myself!"

(Ok, before I get comments saying, 'It wasn't five years!' I will remind you, one year of Aphmau living in Phoenix Drop, two years dating, one year married but in a coma, and whatever time after that, it comes to almost five years.)

"Aphmau..." I walked up to her, wrapping my arms around her, "I'll admit, I was being overprotective, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry that you took it as me not trusting you. I just heard O'khasis, and freaked out. I'm sorry." She stayed silent, crying, but not trying to push me away.

"Garroth..." She whispered.

"Can you please forgive me?" I whispered back.

"...Promise that you love me?"

"Of course!"

"Then yes." She looked up at me. She still had tears in her eyes, but she was smiling.

"Thank you."

I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her home, before she went into the bathroom and changed into dry clothes, and then got into bed next to me.

"I love you." I made sure to tell her before she went to sleep.

"I love you too."

A/N-- Hai!

Ok, so there are three reasons for this chapter:

1. This leads to dramatic events that I'm totally not using to stall the ending of the series.
*laughs nervously

2. I realized that it wasn't really even a #garmau fanfic anymore, more of a normal book, so why not add dramatic semi-garmau moments, right?

3. I haven't updated in like, forever, and I actually managed to inspire myself so I decided to write a chapter from my Dad's iPad! (I'm in Ontario as I'm writing this, and I wasn't allowed to bring my iPad, and It's hard to write on my phone screen because it's so small, so I got my dad to download Wattpad so I could write on a bigger screen. So there.

And may I remind you, unless I say differently, everything in these books have a reason to be there. Unless I specify that it's a filler chapter or something, it has meaning.

REMEMBER THAT

~Ninja