A Side Bet? No Doubt I'll Win!

"Harmony, you don't have to stay out here with me." Naruto said to me as we walked to the grounds were at yesterday.

Night has passed by us. Of course, there was a bit of a disagreement on who would sleep where. But, a storm had begun and Naruto was definitely comfort. Pervy Sage caught on a bit. Whenever I made eye contact with him, I would see that stupid smirk knowing that he knew I liked Naruto. Thankfully, he had kept his mouth shut so far. One thing was off about the whole night though.

I wasn't as afraid of storms as usual. I had felt much more better then I usually would have. That threw me off big time.

"No way I'm going to sit back and relax while you work on an awesome jutsu. You should know by now that I am too stubborn." I said to him and locked arms with him.

"You are pretty stubborn..." He said and began to wonder off. An anime vein formed on my forehead. "N-N-No! It's not a bad thing! I promise!"

"You know, lately you have been on a roll for knowing how to make me mad." I said to him and locked my arm tighter.

"I didn't mean too!" Naruto pleaded to me.

"Baka." I muttered and rolled my eyes. "Some day, when you marry a woman you will need to know what to say and what not to say."

"I have been around you for years, and I still don't know what to say or what not to say. Other girls it's just so much harder! I never know what to expect from them." Naruto said, and went in a ramble. "Especially Sakura."

My anime vein had gotten bigger, but Naruto did not notice.

"I always say the wrong things to her. Even if I tell her that she is really pretty, she asks what makes her so pretty. When I respond, she doesn't like my answer and smacks me." Naruto said, and my heart began to feel heavy. The fact that the person who was most precious to me and I had an attraction to, was talking about some girl, hurt. Even if she was a teammate and I knew that she liked Sasuke, I still felt hurt.

"Also, when she-Are you okay? You seem really sad at the moment." Naruto asked me, I looked into his eyes and saw a bit of worry.

"No, I'm perfectly fine." I said to him, with a smile on my face while I shook my head.

"How come I'm sad about this? I'm usually mad about these things!" Frustratedly, I thought to myself.

"I'm just going to practice with Michi now." Emotionlessly, I said to Naruto and pushed him near the stream. "You go practice there." That time, I had said it with emotion.

"Okay, first one to make a step in progress has the other owe them a nice dinner here, instead of just rice balls." Mischievously, Naruto said with a grin. Right away, my sadness went away and my competitiveness kicked in.

"You're on. How about we make things more interesting." Competitively, I said with a grin.

"Bet?" He asked me. Over the years, he had learned that I loved to make bets.

"Hell yeah." Quickly, I replied with a grin.

"No streaking though." Sheepishly, Naruto said and sweat dropped. "Last time we did that, you ended being a boy and naked. I rather not go through that again."

"For you information, I got plenty of girls to want to jump into my non-existent pants that day." Sassily, I said to him and smirked.

"Only you would look at it that way." He said while he buried his face into his hands.

"So? What do you want to bet on?" Cheerfully, I asked him and poked his face.

"Ichiraku ramen." Seriously, he said. In agreement, I nodded and we shook hands to make it official.