Chapter 2- Notebook

"T-thank you" I said as I slowly took my old written-on-notebook from Maddox's long callous hand. I felt Charity, Jacob and Liam looking between me and Maddox curiously.

Maddox gave me a stiff nod as he turned back to the front of the class where Mr.Staley was talking about atom structure or something.

I opened my notebook still feeling curious eyes following my every move. I glanced towards Charity, who had a unspoken question in her chocolate eyes,how do you know him?

Later, I mouthed referring to her question. I turned back to the front of the class ready to actually listen and take notes when Gemma- one of the top students or how some people would call or label her the 'nerd'- reminded Mr.Staley about the regesiter he forgot to take.

"Ahhh yes thank you Miss....?" Mr.Staley left the question hanging.

"Gemma Andrews, sir"

"Right, thank you Miss Andrews for reminding me." Mr. Staley turned back to addressing the whole class,"Alright, so I will quickly do the register and when I call your name you answer with a 'Here' or 'Here,sir'. Got it? No,'Heya' or 'whats up' or whatever you teenagers say."

A few chuckles could be heard around the classroom, me myself included.

"Right, Charity Anderson"

"Here, sir"

I closed my eyes and waited to be called, I just knew what was about to happen.

"Jacob Fall," called Mr. Staley.

"Hey" Jacob replied clearly to annoy Mr. Staley, which worked.... I think.

Mr.Staley glared at Jacob but said nothing more. When Maddox was called he just give a gruff 'here'.

Many more names were called, and when Liam was called he give the same response as Jacob. Finally, I was called.

"Whisper Woods" Just like expected half of the class interrupted in chulckles and some even laughed full on.

I knew this would happen.

It seems as if society can't understand that there are different -unique- names out there, beacuse that it what my name is. It's not 'weird' or 'stupid' it's unique and some people just don't get it.

I felt a deep scarlet red blush decorate my cheecks as I looked at my notebook Maddox gave me just a momment ago.

I heard some guys you would consider 'jocks' say some stupid joke about my name but I just ignroed it.

Yep, I ignored them. Charity is another story.

"Oh, ha ha ha! Look at how much this is f*cking funny!" She boomed. Her eyes blazing with fire as some of her blonde locks swinged softly with the way she throwned her haed back as she was 'laughing'.

"This is so f*cking funny that I just want to punch that pretty face of yours! Seriously! How old are you five, no, you know what that was offensive.... to the five years olds because it seems as if they have more brain cells then your whole group together! Seriously, just f*cking grow up and if that is impossible because for some reason you have stopped maturing a long time ago,then find a filter to keep those idiotic thoughts to yourself because guess what nobody cares about what your stupid brain thinks."

"Emmm Charity" I mumbled seeing everyone's shocked faces. I think she spoke enough.

"Can you see that? Yeah me too, I can't see any sh*t to give about your opinion you stupid idiotic motherf-" She continued until I pinched her hip. "Aaaawww, why did you do that Wiz? I was helping you!!!" Charity's icy glare turned toward me as I pulled her sleeve, pulling her downwards to her chair. When she stood up, I don't know.

Signing, I willed myself to ignore everybodys stares, "I know and I am thankful but you said enough. Just let it go, ok? You said enough." My voice came as a mare whisper but it seemed like a thousands screams as silence greeted the classroom.

Charity nodded but still sent a glare towards the group who made the joke.

Clearing his throat Mr. Staley shook out of his trance of shock and continued with the register. I, myself would be shocked at what just happened if I didn't know Charity personally. Charity is a walking 'looks can be deceiving '. With her bloned almost white hair, big teddy bear brown eyes and pale skin you would think she is the angle or a goody-two-shoes. But in reality she is a swearing spit fire devil.

I remember when me and Charity met. It was similar to this. Some kid laughed at my name and Charity was just around the corner. Lets just say she had big lungs for a six year old and the kid never buged me again.

At first the kid laughed at Charity saying 'what can someone like you do to me? Hit me with a Barbie?' And then Charity gave the kid a good lesson about juding a book by it's cover. From then on we were best friends.

Charity retured to scrolling through her phone under the table as I found a new clean page to take notes or more specifly doddle.

I felt as if someone was looking at me and sure enough when I looked up there tured 90° towrds me was Maddox, Jacob and Liam. A blush quickly coloured my cheecks at their stares.

Do I have something on my face..... apart of the deeping blush?

"Emm....yes?" I asked shyly. Sometimes I wish that this shyness would just magically disappear. But of course that won't ever happen.

They seemed to snap out of their trance and look back to front, everyone but Maddox. He looked at me curiously as if wanting to figure something out.

"Your welcome." His hushed and husky voice said leaving me confused. As if sensing my confusion the tips of Maddox's lips twiched upwards into a charming smirk. "The notebook"

My mouth made a 'o' shape as I suddenly remembered what he was talking about; he gave me my notebook, I said thank you and now he is saying 'welcome'.

A small embarrassed smile graced my lips,"oh, em yeah, thank you again".

Maddox nodded and tured to the front of the classroom while I took out a pen and started taking my notes or more specifacally taking my doddles.

It's just my was of taking notes. I write and then if I have time or an idea add a doddle next to it to help me remember it.

"Ohhhh, got it" Turning my head towards Charity I gave a qustion look, but before I could ask her she took out a sharpie pen, closed my notebook and stared to write a silly quote she most probably just found on tumblr.

That our thing. At first it was just a plain notebook with 'never say never' on it, but in the end it ended being written all over by me and Charity. Silly, clever, meanful, colourful quotes filled all of the front cover.

Right now, Charity wrote 'Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see' in a neon pink.

A chuckle escaped my mouth when I read what she wrote,"Very clever you know?" I whispered to her still keeping my eyes at the teacher in case he suddenly looks our way.

"I know, but it is true" She replied jokily.

"Never said it wasn't my friend"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello to all my aliens!

How are you? I'm good. Did you like the chapter?

So I guess you like the book because some of you voted which I am really really really greatful for. You literally made my day!

Funny fact at first the chapter was supposed to be called 'The notebook' but then I changed it to just 'notebook' because I knew at least one person will think of the moive which I have never watched.....don't kill me!

But anyway,
Vote
Comment
Follow
Don't close your eyes!

-HiddenKnight