Chapter 16- Maths

Looking at the tall, brick building I felt panic rush through my veins as an anxious feeling was whispering the worst outcomes that could come flying my way today. It seemed as though me admitting to liking Maddox opened a gate to unknown - unwelcomed- feelings. I was suddenly nervous about the most simplest things like if I ever said anything gross or weird around him or if it was obvious that I liked him. Did I ever flirt with him? Was it obvious? Does he like someone else? Does he like me? What if he does? What if he doesn't? What if-

"Wiz!" I was suddenly knocked out of my crazy swirl of thoughts, looking back at Charity's worried face. Frown lines decorated her pale face as her brows furrowed together and her lips pursed. Signing, her body seemed to slump as if defeated, "Stop worrying, everything will be okay."

I signed and slumped against the lamp post that we were standing next to, "And what if it won't be okay?" I asked with my gaze turned downwards. "What if this-this stupid feeling will ruin our friendship? What will happen then Charity?" I turned my worried gaze towards my best friend who looked at me with a mix of sympathy and determination. 

"Well," she said with a level voice and her head held high "if Maddox doesn't return your feelings and if your friendship won't be able to survive this then it will just mean that it wasn't worth anything in the end, and if it does then that will just show that you and him will be able to forgive and forget."

My overthinking mind analysed what she said, it was like every single word that she said was being ripped apart and inspected, looking for something to hold onto like an anchor. After a few seconds (but what felt like hours for me) I looked over at the person that I wouldn't mind giving my life to. 

A sudden smirk appeared on my face, "Since when did you get so deep and meaningful? I thought that that was my job?" I joked with a wide child-like smile on my face.

An even wider smile appeared on my best friends face, "I think I am just spending too much time with depressed love-sick puppies like you"

Trying so hard to fight back a smile that wanted to break free I exclaimed, "What?! ME?" I shook my head, getting my hair caught in my lip gloss, "Puffft, at least I don't make puppy eyes for Jacob" I smirked, kind of failing since I was still trying to get my hair out of my lips. 

"WHAT?" Charity shirked with a high voice, a blush slowly creeping onto her pale cheeks. "I-um- well- you know-" she tried lying but when I raised my eyebrow and gave her the 'don't lie to me' look she stopped. 

"...at least I don't look like Rudolf the reindeer" she mumbled quietly but I still heard her.

"What do you mean?" I asked in slight panic and confusion. 

She raised one eyebrow at me and handed me concealer form her bag. "Did you see your nose today? You have a pimple right in the middle of your nose."

I ran my finger over my nose and sure enough I felt a slight lump on the tip of my nose indicating a pimple. Quickly grasping Charity's arm, pulling her towards the bathrooms with her laughing her head off.

***************************** 

The day seemed to pass by alright; my pimple was somewhat concealed but if you look close enough then I'm sure you will be able to see it, the guys still acted like 5 years old's,I still hated maths and maths still hated me. The only difference was that now that I wasn't oblivious to my crush it was much harder to be around Maddox and a) blush like crazy or b)stare into his beautifully enchanting purple eyes. 

From the outside everything seemed-looked- normal, but on the inside there was panic raising slowly deep inside of my lungs, it was like some creature squeezing my lungs for it's sinister fun, making me short of breath while watching the clock slowly count down the hours, minutes, the seconds form the start of lunch, also the time I am met to meet Maddox.  I was nervous. That is the easiest way of saying it.  But who wouldn't be when I will be meeting my crush for at least an hour or more?