Chapter 4- Family

Quick Author's note:

Whenever something is written like this: Hello!

It mean they are talking in sign language! Hope it's not too much confusing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold air nibbled at my skin as I walked through the street that lead to my house. The only sound was the music from my earphones.

All throughout school all I could hear was gossip about Maddox giving me his leather jacket. Which annoyed the hell out of me, beacuse some of the storys where so ridiculous that I actually think that person should write a novel.

Soon enough I could see my red brick house in the distance. Coming to the house I opened the old creaking door and was met with silence. But that is what I expected, silence.

I took out my earphones and put them on a bowl that stood on a little shelf. Our home was warm and cozy with dark furniture, light coloured walls and many many pictures hanging off the wall.

I walked to the kitchen where I could smell a delicious scent which most probably was my mum's cooking.

Coming to the white tiled kitchen I was met with my mum cooking what looked like soup.

My mum was beautiful, but not the beautiful you expect. Just like me she had light brown hair with natural bloned highlights here and there. Her skin was tannish with some acne scares here and there in some spots on her face. My mum had shining hazel eyes with long lush eyelashes.
While she had full lips, her teeth wearn't pearl white or very stright. Her teeth were white but just with a tint of yellow here and there and they were crokered in a few places. She was short just like me and thin. Right now she was wearing a dress shirt and a pencil skirt.

She's beautiful in a flawed way. Just like everyone on this plant.

I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder, getting her attention. She smiled brightly at me as her eyes twingled with happiness.

"Hey mum," I signed to her, "how was it at work?" I asked.

Yes, my mum works just like my dad. Just beacuse they are deaf doesn't mean they can't live a normal life. My mum is a teacher of art in deaf education school, while my dad is a editor for novels and magazines. This is where my love for art and English came from.

My mum smiled at me, "It was good! We had a new student, such a sweet darling a little shy but very talented! Just like you Whisper!"

I smiled at her enthusiasm, she was always happy and always looked at the good side of things unlike my dad that sometimes let his temper get the best of him.

"Do you want any help?" I signed gesturing towards the pan full of soup. When she smiled and shook her head no, I looked for the little devil that made my nearly late today.

When I couldn't see him anywhere, I grapped his squishy toy and whistled for him. "Rex! Come here boy!"

Bonding paws could be heard from the distance as a mass of bloned fur was coming my way.

Jumping up, Rex licked my face as he wiggled his long tail. Rex was our hearing dog, a blonde nearly white Labrador, but he was more of a family then just a dog.

Hearing dogs are suppose to help deaf people in emergencies like fire or other things that you would need hearing for,even when a doorbell rings. Since my pearants are profound deaf it means they can't hear a thing therefore they wouldn't hear the doorbell or a fire alarm.