Chapter 15- Crush

"Do you want me to tutor you?"

Staring wide eyed at Maddox, my slightly chapped lips opened in surprise- not believing what I just heard.

"Do you want me to tutor you?" 

This one simple question- a simple phrase, sentence- echoed through my mind as if it was a song that an earworm drilled into my mind so deeply that roots began to take over my brain, leaving me with nothing  but that one simple question.

"Do you want me to tutor you?"  

It's suppose to be simple. Yes or no. No or yes. But it wasn't. It wasn't that simple to answer a simple question to a person that takes control over your brain, someone that causes wild butterfly's to open their cages to then set them free to create a weird feeling in your stomach. Someone that sometimes seems to have superpowers, because whenever you touch it seems as if thousand of electrical volts are sent through your body, but those volts are harmless- it seems as though they create pleasure or a giggle-y feeling inside of you.

"Do you want me to tutor you?" 

So, no, it was not easy to answer this question.  

"Do you want me to tutor you?" 

"Whisper?"

"Do you want me to tutor you?"   

"Whisper?!"  

The haze that was in my mind suddenly evaporated, leaving me not only free from the one hunting question but also leaving me confused about my surroundings.  I looked at Maddox who had a worried and confused expression on his face, but in his beautiful eyes there was more. Fear. He had fear in his eyes-why? I don't know.

"Huh? Oh, I'm so sorry Dox, I seemed to have spaced out for a moment." I already could feel the warmth on my cheeks spreading, leaving my face flushed. Maddox only nodded slightly, indicating that it's 'okay'. But my guts kicked and slapped me, saying that it indeed was not 'okay', it was not okay because his beautiful lilac eyes did not meet my ocean once.

As if something took control over my whole being, words blurted out of my mouth before I could even stop them or even thing about what I was saying.

"Yes!" Eyes wide I stared at Maddox, quickly pulling myself together I took a deep breath and tried to act as normal as I could get. "I mean,  it would be lovely if you could tutor me."

Great, now you sound like a grandma!

I didn't have a time to dual on how embarrassing I was when Maddox gave me a lopsided grin, his eyes lazy and yet crazy with the flood of emotions swimming in them. I like these kind of smiles, the once that it almost is neutral to have on your face they always show the most emotions.

"Great," his smile seemed to widen-as if everything was just now sinking in. "So maybe we could meet up Friday? After school? In the library?"

Here it goes again. Something squeezing my lungs so tight that I was short of breath, the wild butterfly creating a hovak in my tummy and my brain being surrounded by a thick cloud of deep lilac. 

As Maddox looked deep into my eyes; his smile still attached to his handsome face, I was lost and the only thing that I could seem to do is smile and nod.

He smiled, "Great."

I smiled, "Great."

"Oh please! Not that Fault In Our Stars shit!" Jacobs voiced said, popping the little bubble that me and Dox seemed to have created.