Chapter 9- Don't Judge

Maddox's POV :

Where are you? -Dad

Do you know that feeling when one side of you hates something yet the other side loves it? As if on one shoulder there is a devil and on the other there is an angle having a whisper war about something? I feel as though both sides have good arguments but none of them are enough to win the battle. It's something that keeps nagging me and won't stop. That thing is my dad.

One side of me hates him sometimes but then there is the other that no matter what, loves him. And really I feel as though everyone feels that way about someone. No matter how much you hate and despise the person there will be, even a small fraction, of you that does care. That you will feel guilt if something happens to them. I feel as if there is a very fraile thread between hate and care.

A thread that can easily be snapped.

A soft, delicate and caring voice called me and snapped me out of my thoughts making me realise that, in fact, I was staring at my phone screen blankly for over good two minutes.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry what did you say?"

Whisper smiled at me in a worried and asumend way, "I was asking if you are ok"

"What, yeah yeah I'm fine. Thanks for asking." I waved her concern off, "look I'm sorry but I have to go, I'll see you in school." I smiled at the petite angle in front of me and turned to her father who was still standing there silently. "It was nice meeting you Mr. Woods"

I saw a flicker of grimace and sadness shine in his eyes but just as quickly as it came, it was gone and replaced with a wide smile, yet still he didn't say anything. A normal person wouldn't have seen it but if you're being judged every second of your life then you need to know how to read people.

That was one thing that annoyed me about Whisper. I couldn't read her. She seemed like a opened book but then at the same time she's like a secret garden. Locked away, unreachable. I don't know if she is simply shy when talking to me or just sacred like the rest. I don't know if she judged me or not. Hell, I'm not even sure if her dad judged me! I'm surprised that he didn't yet get a shotgun out and chased me away, beacuse let's be true I don't exactly look like the person you would want your pearants to meet.

I smiled at the blueish-green eyed girl in front of me and her dad and with a last goodbye was out the door, walking towards my car.

Starting up the car it's engine roared to life as I drove onto the road.

My eyes contracted on the road yet my mind was in between. In between the road, my weird attraction to Whisper, her silent dad and even to the lady next door to Whisper who saw me come out and followed me with judgemental eyes until I was out of the way.

I sometimes wondered why looks mean so much to people. For example, many girls swoon over me and my face yet are scared. It's fustreates me to the maximum, because for all they know I may be gorgeous -not denieing that- but I could be the stupidist person on the world (I'm not)! Or how for some reason peolpe except girls to be skinny and have that gap- whatever is called. And if they do, great! Good for them, but I don't think that suddenly everyone must start to try and have one too. Just be happy with who you are.

My house came into view as I came out of rant world and back to the judgemental reality.

Parking my car on the side walk, I turned to the palce I call home but a place which broken my heart.

I shut the car door with a slam and headed towards the door with my hand in my pockets. I took out my keys knowing that even though my dad is home he most probably shut the door, like the world around him.