#TeamJakob

Week 1, Day 5

            Well talk about the most cliché beginning to a new school ever, right? My biology and French classes have been boring as hell and Dance is killing me slowly but it's English that is the greatest thing to ever exist. My teacher is crazy, but in a good way. He told me that he used to be a drama teacher and he writes scripts for plays and movies. He's British and he moved to the U.S. to join Broadway or something but stumbled upon this place and fell in love with it. He basically acts like he's high every class and he makes us all laugh. Everyone says he's homosexual and I think that makes him even better.

            Today is Friday so we won't have classes tomorrow. Later today, Amy, Hunter, and I are all going to main camp to grab a coffee. It's only September and it's already getting cold. They keep complaining that I'm such a "Florida Girl" and then we all laugh. I haven't told them about my tumblr account yet. I mean they already know I'm a total nerd, they don't need to know I basically get featured every other day. I mean, not that I'm complaining but when people find out they either ask, "What's tumblr?" or "Ooh! Republish some of my work!" I don't think they're like that though...

            My classes seem to go on for a century and a half so when the final bell finally rings I rush out of Geometry. I meet Amy in the front hall of the Writing House, her black hair pushed slightly off her face. "Questioning your sexuality yet, babe?" She winks at me.

            "I'm only gay for you, my dear," I bow to her and we both start laughing as we walk towards main camp. The weather is cooling down considerably and while I'm in heavy sweaters and jeans, Amy wears leggings and light cardigans like the hipster that she is. All black obviously. She claims it matches her tortured soul, whatever that means. "So how were your classes today? You're having your photography unit now, correct?"
             "Classes are ugh, as always. But yeah, film photography to be exact." She looks down at her phone. "Yo, let's run, Hunter's already at the coffee tent."
             "But I'm tired," I groan.

            "Bitch, I'll carry you if I have to."

            "Running it is," she grabs my hand and we take off running towards the coffee tent to meet Hunter. He said he has a surprise and that we should be very worried. So basically it means we should be incredibly excited and run as fast as we can. In a matter of minutes, we reach main campus and I spot Hunter, his milk chocolate hair flopping over his forest green eyes. He's wearing those stereotypical nerd glasses and I hate to say it, but he looks pretty attractive.

            There's a boy by his side. He has strawberry blonde hair and a blue flower crown circling around him. His hair is chopped shorter than Hunter's but not buzzed. When the two boys see us, they wave and motion for us to come over. The boy has his arm around Hunter.

            I knew it, Hunter is just too cute to be straight. I chastise myself for thinking this way. I have no control over Hunter's sexuality and if he just so happens to be gay then so be it, not like I found him the least bit attractive anyways. Amy lets go of my hand and we nonchalantly walk to them. "Hey Jakob!" Amy squeals, giving him a quick side hug. "Jakob, this is Clare. Clare, this is Jakob." She gushes and pushes us towards each other. From a closer distance, I can see that he has hazel eyes. He's wearing a flannel but it's unbuttoned, revealing a white undershirt.

            "That's Jakob with a k," he smiles down at me. Damn it, why do I have to be the shortest person on this universe. He takes my hand and lightly presses his lips to it.

            Hunter rolls his eyes, "Stop being so gay, Jakob." He nudges him on the shoulder. I giggle, moving closer to Amy.

            "I'm not gay, I'm pansexual! Know the difference!" He yells, catching some dirty looks from people passing by. He turns to me. "You're straight, just like our little vagina enthusiast here." He nods to Hunter and he throws his hands in the air defensively.

            "Guilty as charged, your honor." Hunter tips his head down, smiling at me through his eyelashes.

            "Don't worry, love, they're always like this." Amy puts her arm around me. I want to shy away but I'm pretty sure platonic hand holding and hugging is a normal thing. Hell, platonic screwing is probably a thing as well. It's art school, anything can and will happen.

            "C'mon guys, order something, it's on me." He pulls a check out of his pocket and flattens it, "Grams sent me a check." He winks at Amy and she rolls her eyes.

            "I swear to God, Amy, if you roll your eyes one more time they're going to roll straight out of your head." I pause, "Then again, nothing straight works for you."

After a moment passes and everyone begins to process what I just said, their mouth drops open. I back up an inch, afraid I said something wrong until Hunter started laughing. The Jakob adds, "The cutie has a point, kiddo." And Amy's eyes are glaring at me but her mouth is daring to laugh.

"You definitely belong with us," Hunter whispers in my ear, putting his arm around me. Immediately I feel electricity shoot from my shoulder at his gentle touch. It's probably just the static from the dry Michigan air, though...   

            I know I've said this before, but I really feel like I do belong.