No PDA In The Presence Of Me

Week 13, Day 1:

"Am I ever going to get a second chance?" Amy asks me when I wake up. I rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Wha?"

"Please give me a second chance to be your friend."

I glare at her. "After what you did to Phoenix? Um, sorry but you blew a second chance with that."

"She'll be fine." She crosses her arms.

"You must not be talking about Phoenix because no, they won't be. They're at some sort of hospital for the mentally ill."

"Yeah well it's about time!" Amy's voice is rising.

"I'm so done with you!" I jump out of bed and throw on my jeans and sweatshirt from yesterday and dash out the door. Amy makes no move to run after me and I try not to move back. It's about time everyone knows what happened to Phoenix.

I run to the Hall of Admissions – the place where Hunter and I walked a few weeks back – and try not to knock down the headmaster's door. After a few seconds of a little more than soft knocking Mr. Jacks comes to the door.

"I'm a bit busy right now, Eileen, so unless you have my coffee – " he stops himself when he sees me. "Oh, it's you, Ms. Phillips. How may I be of assistance? Please come in."

I walk through the door and close it behind me. "Hello, sir, I wanted to talk to you about Phoenix Wittin."

"Who?"

That's right, Phoenix isn't their birth name. "Sorry, Lauren Wittin."

"Ah yes, the one who left. What about her?" He leans forward in his desk.

"I think you should know why they were taken."

"Go on," his arms are crossed.

"They were taken to a mental hospital as far as I know and the reason why is a bit disturbing." I bounce slightly on my toes.

"Ms. Phillips, please don't speak in fragments."

"Right, I'm sorry. My roommate, Amy Martin had a non consensual affair with them." I've caught his interest. "I've been trying to avoid saying this, but Amy raped Phoe – I mean Lauren."

"And how do you know that this is true?" He asks.

"I woke up and heard sniffling coming from our shower. Then I opened it and they were lying there completely bare of clothes besides a torn shirt. The shower was filled with blood and they were crying. I'm pretty sure not all of it was from cutting their thighs open because it looked like the blood of a virgin."

"That's quite enough," he stands up.

"Aren't you going to do something about it?" I try not to raise my voice.

"Your crude comments have caused me to believe that it is all false and just the imagination of a writer. If this is for some newspaper article, please don't quote me." He moves out from behind his desk and ushers me out the door.

I stand behind his door for a few moments trying to process what he said. It's just the imagination of a writer. I slump around campus, watching small flurries fall around me. I decide not to go back to my dorm even though I forgot my phone and laptop.

Somehow I make it to main camp without even realizing it and sit on the green benches that are slowly being covered in ice and snow.

Memories return. My father kisses me on the cheek and tosses a baseball to me. I'm smiling and my mother is inside cooking dinner. I see her through the window and she's smiling as well. I don't remember ever being happier.

I return from my trance within seconds and I feel the ghost of a smile remaining on my face. I slowly get up from the bench and drag myself over to Jakob and Hunter's dorm. They're probably awake by now.

I knock quietly on their door and Jakob comes within seconds. "Hey kiddo, come on in." he smiles as he opens the door wider.

"Bloody hell, Jakob, don't let girls in here without my permission." Hunter smiles when he sees me but makes no move to get out of bed.

"He's embarrassed because he's only wearing his underwear," Jakob giggles.

"Am not! Besides, she was going to see me like this eventually." I blush at his comment and I try to hide myself behind Jakob. He throws on a t-shirt and sweatpants and gets out of bed, engulfing me in a hug. "So babe, I was thinking about winter break."

"It's so far away, I just want to get through Thanksgiving and midterms." I groan.

"Yeah, I'm not even going home for Thanksgiving. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come up to my place in Maine for winter break. If you're okay with that, if you're not comfortable I totally get it." He runs his hand through his hair and his ears redden slightly. I stand on my toes and kiss his lips softly.

"Of course, I'd love too!" I smile and so does he while Jakob gags in the background.

"Alright, lovebirds, no PDA in this bedroom. At least not while I'm in it." He adds.

Just to slightly annoy Jakob, I lay my hand behind his neck and push my lips into his and he kisses back with little enthusiasm. I thought I'd be left smiling but I'm trying to conceal a frown.

(A/N: sorry for the lack of updates, life is crazy. Interesting stuff coming soon. Later, lovelies <3 )