Weeks Ahead...

Week 7, Day 1:

Absolutely nothing has happened since I hung out with my golden group four weeks ago. I've been nonstop working on writing my novel and I've had no time at all to post anything on tumblr. I've started getting messages from my internet friends asking if I'm still alive. Phoenix has been trying to help me with poetry but I've had no luck. It always ends up happier than a My Little Pony marathon. While they say it's okay, I wish I could write something that's at least a little bit deeper than a baby pool.

Hunter's barely said more than five words to me since we talked about our dead siblings. I really hope I didn't screw anything up but according to Jakob, Hunter hasn't even spoken to him besides the occasional question that every roommate must ask. Nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that he solemnly joins us at meals and doesn't talk to us when he's in a mood.

A mood can last ten to thirty business days...give or take a few. I want something to happen. I need something interesting to keep me going. Amy and I haven't even been down to the CanvasFreeze and I really want coffee. I've stayed up so late some nights that Amy got up by the time I went to sleep. And then she'd have to restrain me from throwing a pillow at the birds that aren't actually there but I get so tired that I hallucinate. I want this semester to be over already but I have another twelve weeks. I want to go back home to Florida because I'm freezing my tiny beach butt off. I miss my old friends, the ones that had long hair and were straighter than the number one. The ones that didn't ignore me for art. I may sound hypocritical, I mean I blew my old friends off all the time to stay at home and binge watch supernatural or write a few chapters to a book that would never see daylight.

It's Sunday and I wake up to a bird chirping in my ear. Not an actual bird, but Phoenix. "Go away!" I throw my pillow at her.

"How are you still sleeping? It's almost noon and your phone as been buzzing nonstop. Some girl named Leah saying something about moving to Iowa. Who the fuck would move to Iowa? Is Iowa even a state?"

I immediately jump up before she can finish rambling. I haven't heard from Leah since after I got accepted to StoneBrook. I keyboard slam on my phone and then reply "swiggity swype, ya wanna skype?" She texts back moments later, her response a resounding no as she's about to go see Hamilton on Broadway. Apparently she's being homeschooled now and her parents had this giant plan to travel the world until suddenly her mom got a job interview in Iowa and boom, now she's in the state of corn.

"Let's go for a walk, okay?" Phoenix tosses me my jeans and soft turquoise sweatshirt. I narrow my eyes but go into the bathroom and change anyway. Phoenix is already out the door by the time I'm ready and before I know it, she's buying me a mocha and we're sitting on the grass. (There aren't any free green benches this time.)

This is what the campus looks like when it's full. I usually try not to go out when everyone is around but I'm too sleepy to care about other people. Most people have short dyed hair and some just dyed and some just short but then there are a few people who have normal length hair and their (presumably) natural color. I often wonder how my life would be different if I weren't rooming with Amy or hadn't bumped into Hunter. What if I had instead become friends with a Musical Theatre major and I had to watch them sing beautifully while I sat in the corner on tumblr texting Leah and Emma about how awful it is here and how much I miss them. And then I imagine them telling me about our friend from elementary school, Rachel with the dark curly hair and incredible talent when it came to acting and how she moved to New York and went on Broadway.

Instead, I'm brought back to the red haired reality sitting next to me and I smile more than I thought possible. "Why are you smiling now, gremlin?"