Again?

Week 22, Day 2:

"You really need to stop doing that," Hunter jokes.

I rub my head. "How long have I been out?"

"Only about twelve hours, but they were considering sending you to the hospital. On the bright side, you don't have a concussion or brain damage."

"Then why did I pass out?" I ask.

"The doctors think you were overwhelmed by something so you snapped or whatever. Get some rest, babe." He kisses my forehead and walks out.

I sit up and look out the window; it's snowing like mad out there. Everything is blanketed in a sheet of white monsters. I realize then that I can't just sit here and watch my life and the lives of my friends be whisked away when the rain comes. I stand up and ignore the pounding in my head. I'm dressed in my clothes from yesterday and I'm not protected from the winter weather.

I stand outside shivering and lost. Nothing looks the same and the snow almost reaches the top of my ankles. I don't bother calling out any names, I run forward and hope to find civilization somewhere.

There are buildings surrounding me now but they don't look very familiar. My socks are soaked and if I stay out much longer I'll probably die of hypothermia. Finally I come across the Writing House and I run inside to the fire, allowing the warmth to envelope me.

"Clare?" Jakob walks up to me.

"Jakob!" I jump up to hug him but then think better of it, considering I'm covered in icicles.

"Are you alright?" He touches my shoulder as if I'm a china doll about to break.

"Yeah, I'm great." I look over to where he was sitting. "Who's that?" There's a boy in the corner surrounded by blankets. His skin is dark but not like the night, maybe a mid dusk. And his eyes. Even from here I can tell they're lighter than glaciers, an icy blue green.

"Oh that's no one." Jakob steps to the side so he's covering my view of him.

"I saw him in one of Amy's photos. They dated didn't they? Dude, don't lie to me."

"Yeah, she set me up with him. He's really nice, and a hella great kisser!" Jakob kisses me lightly on the cheek and runs back off to mystery boy. I never did find out his name. But Jakob, my precious Jakob, might finally be happy.

I linger for a moment longer in front of the fire before I walk back into the depths of the North Pole. I don't feel like going to the boys dorm so I run back to mine. The walk that would usually take a few minutes takes ten minutes in the sloshing snow and impossible visibility.

I make it to the overheated dorm and dig through my pockets to find my key. Finally I find the little gold device and stuff it into the hole. I enter quietly and throw myself onto my bed, barely paying attention to Hunter and Amy making out in the corner. Wait what?

I bolt up. "What the fuck?" I rub my eyes until my vision blurs and find them enthralled in each other's arms. At this point, I can't tell whose body is whose. "What the actual fuck?!" I repeat, screaming this time.

Now the look up. Hunter has a look of absolute horror upon his face while Amy almost looks smug. "Aw, is sweetie pie awake from her nap?" Her voice is sweet and high, like fake sugar.

"You dirty little home wrecker," My voice is echoing through the walls and Hunter looks terrified.

"I swear it's not what it looks like! She came onto me and – " Hunter rambles.

"Babe, you know you came onto me." Amy smirks up at him.

He brushes his dulled brown hair off his face and looks at his feet, his cheeks obviously red. "Clare, I'm sorry."

"No, I get it. You get Jakob out with some guy and make him happy, make me smack my head against a wall and pass out for twelve hours mean while you two make out, assuming I won't be back for a couple days. How much groping can two people do for fuck's sake?"

"Hey look, I told you she's smart." Amy exclaims. I shoot her a look that's beyond hate and she barely flinches.

"I can't believe you. Out of my room, now!" I bark at Hunter. "As for you, you and I need to sort some things out."

Hunter runs out the door before I can say another word. Amy sits on her bed and crosses her arms. "What do you want?"

"I want you to get the fuck out of my life. I'm absolutely done with you and your bullshit! And to think I actually thought you were nice, I thought I could trust you."
"You're at StoneBrook, hun, you can't trust anyone. Now if that's all – "

I cut her off. "That's not all," She waits for me to say more. "If you even think about hurting anyone I care about, I will murder you before you can get your ass off this damned campus."

"Dearie, I'm a teenager, not a villain." She regains her smirk.

"What's the difference? Now get out." She walks out, never breaking eye contact.

"I'll be back." She whispers.

"No shit Sherlock, it's your dorm too."

"Fuck off."

"Sure, I'll fuck my boyfriend. Something you can't."

"See how wet my bottoms are? Remind yourself that you're not the only girl in his life."

"Aw, that's cute. My entire body is wet, I win." Now it's my turn to smirk. Amy glares at me but disappears without another word.

I lie down on my bed and finally work on my homework that was due last week. Phoenix texts me but I can't bother to respond. I throw my phone across the room in hopes that it will shatter and break. I hate Tumblr. The social life that was once exhilarating is now exhausting.

(A/N: I'm going on a posting spree and preparing for a big speech who's ready? xx)