Forgive me?

Week 12, Day 4:

The pounding going on in my head is not as bad as the pounding in my heart. I just want it all to stop and maybe then the happiness will begin again. I slept through all of yesterday and for the first time ever, I wake up at six in the morning, voluntarily. I twist and turn in Jakob's bed but the aching feeling just won't go away. It takes me about five minutes to realize that part of the pounding is coming from the door. I run to open it, hoping it didn't wake Jakob. Without thinking about what a mess I probably look like or who's at the door, I swing it open.

"Dude you locke – Clare? What the hell are you doing in my dorm?" He storms in and shakes Jakob awake. He groans in disapproval. "Jakob! What the hell is Clare doing in our dorm? You didn't..."

"Ew gross, of course not! She and I are friends and I would never do that to you." Jakob sits up and rubs his head.

"Oh, well you won't be friends anymore after I tell you what she did to Phoenix!" Hunter crosses his arms and gives me a smug smile.

"You actually believe that bullshit Amy told you? God, you're so much thicker than I thought you were." He yells at Hunter.

"What do you mean?" He asks, his smile dropping.

"There's a lot we have to explain," I chime in.

We sit him down and I tell him everything I know and Jakob adds in his theories. It's interesting to watch Hunter's face go from smirking to frowning to a downright scowl. "I don't understand," he mumbles. "I've known Amy for three years and I never even got a hint of cruelty." Jakob and I look at each other.

"Either you're oblivious or she had a major crush on you." Jakob says.

"And then she found feelings for Phoenix and that happened." I add.

"God, I feel like such a douchebag! Do you guys think you could forgive me?" He frowns and looks down at the ground.

"Depends," I smirk. "How okay are you with make up make outs?"

"Depends on how okay Jakob is with watching," Hunter glances over at Jakob and winks.

"Okay, so that's my cue to leave. Bye guys!" he pops up and runs out the door before we can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Hunter sits next to me and puts his hand behind my neck and brings my lips close to his. He ignores my morning breath and bed head and kisses me harder than he ever has before. His eyes are closed and I'm sitting on his lap. It's been too long since I've been this close to Hunter, my beautiful Hunter.

The day passed by relatively quickly and when the sun begins to go down Hunter and I decide it's a good idea to grab some dinner from Pal's. We walk there hand in hand and I'm wearing his leather jacket and Jakob's light wash jeans. It's freezing for me, a Floridian, and Hunter pulls me close to him so I won't freeze me "cute ass off". We share a burger and hot chocolate and sit in mostly science, happy in each other company. We walk back to his dorm in peaceful silence.

"I know it's not allowed but do you want to sleep in my dorm tonight, just to sleep?" Hunter gently touches his lips to my cheek.

"Thank god you asked, I don't think I could bear to share a room with Amy. Speaking of which, what happened after I left?" I ask.

Hunter touches his lips gingerly. "It's unimportant,"

"Please, babe, tell me." I try not to beg.

"It's a really long story," he sighs.

"We have some time." I shrug.

We open the door to his dorm and sit on his bed. Jakob is nowhere in sight. "Well after you left, Amy was wailing about how nobody loved her and how she was so disappointed in you and felt awful for Phoenix. I felt terrible for Amy and what she must have been going through. I felt so bad that I couldn't think straight. I grabbed Phoenix from their blood bath and rushed them to the infirmary even though I know that it won't help very much. I just couldn't bring myself to take them to a hospital of call their parents so I did what I did with you.

"By this point, Amy is a blubbering mess and I put my arms around her so that she can feel grounded. She wanted to sit on my lap so I let her and she – Jesus, this is hard to say – and she reached up and caressed my cheek and lightly touched my lips with her fingertips. I hate to admit it, but I was a tad bit turned on and before I could protest, her lips are pressed up against mine. That's not the worst part though. I didn't fight it and I...I liked it a bit."

"Oh," is all I can say.

"But, I love you." He squeezes my hand. I'm suddenly taken aback, we haven't said we love each other yet.

"I-I love you too," I stammer.

"It's okay, you don't have to."

"I do though," I was unaware, at the time, that he was changing the subject. He kisses me deeply and I give in. 

(A/N: Sorry it's been so long since I've updated and I'm sorry this is a bit of a filler chapter but we need those once in a while to explain some things, right? Well, see you next update! I love you guys <3 )