How'd It Go With Dream Boy?

Week 20, Day 2:

Hunter and I kept our distance from his parents as much as possible. We spent every possible moment away from his depressing house and when we were inside, we never left each other's side. Alexandra and Mr. Brown never tried to pry us apart or even get us to talk. Call it paranoia, but I think they know everything.

Week 22, Day 1:

Hunter and I flew back in to StoneBrook late last night. I haven't brought up what happened the first night in Maine but it hasn't left my mind. Everyone is returning today and I'm still debating whether or not I should tell Phoenix and Amy what I know. I've been trying to write the second chapter to the book I started for my English final but I haven't had much luck yet.

"OMG Clare!" Amy runs through the door and engulfs me in a hug. "How was your winter break? I missed you so much!" she exaggerates.

I hug her back loosely. "I missed you too, nerd."

Phoenix walks in. "I can't do anything right!"

"So here we have the over emotional cheerleader and the emo having an existential crisis." I joke.

"I can't do anything ever since that stupid mental hospital!" They slump down on my bed.

"Phoe," I put my hand on their shoulder. "You need to learn to walk before you can run. One small step at a time, okay?" They nod and curl up into a small ball and hide under my covers.

I turn my attention back to Amy. "So how was it with Hunter and his family? They're crazy, aren't they?"

"It was fi – wait how would you know?" I narrow my eyes.

Her eyes immediately widen. "I don't, I'm just assuming from what you said."

"I haven't said anything. Amy, we haven't even talked since before winter break!" I put my hand on my hip.

She doesn't look at me. "I met them when I was in freshman year. Hunter brought me over to his parent's house over winter break when we were dating and that's when we broke up. He told me some weird stuff and I couldn't handle it. I took the next flight out and we broke up."

"Hold up, you and Hunter dated?"

Phoenix bolts up. "You didn't know?" They shoot a dirty look at Amy.

"What?" She asks them. "I was going to tell her one day!"

Phoenix rolls their eyes and goes back to sleep. "Idiot," they mutter.

"I'm not mad, just completely confused. You never...did anything...did you?"

"Ew, of course not! We were freshmen and at the point even kissing seemed gross." Amy says.

"Okay, whatever." I shrug.

"Whatever?" She repeats.

"Yeah, I don't care. As long as nothing is going on now, I couldn't care less."

She screams. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She throws her arms around me and I'm nearly knocked to the ground.

"You don't have to thank me, it's just the right thing to do." I say.

"So how'd it go with dream boy, anyway?" Phoenix smirks. Before I can answer, there's a knock on the door and I rush to open it. I pull the white wooden door open as slowly as I can in hopes that Phoe will forget their question.