Almost Over?

Week 16, Day 5:

"Glad to have you back, Ms. Phillips." My math teacher eyes me warily to make sure I stay in my seat. Guess word of a run away student travels quickly...

The day passes by more slowly than it takes a snail to cross a highway and I'm ready to bash my head into a wall by the time it's over. We review for midterms in all of my classes and then I'm left with work I need to make up and more packets.

Week 17, Day1:

I'm only halfway through the packets and I'm already emotionally fatigued. Phoenix has been sleeping in our dorm in my bed and Amy has been even more isolated than before which I didn't know to be humanly possible. I haven't seen Jakob and Hunter's texts always seemed rushed. I can't wait for winter break.

Week 17, Day 6:

I have one more week until midterms and I'm nowhere near ready. I just finished all my packets and I'm in the midst of setting up last minute study groups. I haven't eaten anything in three days and I don't feel the slightest bit hungry.

Week 18, Day 3:

Final week for review, everyone is cramming. I have no time to be social or even send an emoticon to a friend over text. I've been studying nonstop and by the looks of the empty campus, so has everyone else. The only person who seems to be relaxing is Mr. Jacks.

Week 18, Day 7:

Only two more days until my first exam: math. I'm studying like mad when I hear a soft knock on the door. I open it, thinking it's Amy and she forgot the key. However, standing at the door is Hunter. He has a black leather jacket and a red scarf on with a black knit beanie to top it all off. I try not to ogle at him as he enters. "A little birdie told me you needed help with math," he smiles.

"Now you get to see me struggle too." I groan.

"No, I'll get to see your beautiful face as you smile when you get a problem right because you're wiser than most owls."

"Thanks...I think." We laugh.

"I've missed you," His arms are loosely around my shoulders and he's looking down at me. He leaves a trail of kisses starting from my forehead and ending at my mouth. He tastes like peppermint and a pencil eraser. Judging by the smudged graphite on his hands, I'm assuming he's been working hard as well.

"You don't need to help me," I say when our lips break apart.

"You're right, I don't. But I want to." I stand on my toes so I can reach his lips and my hand reaches the back of his neck.

"Jesus Christ, get a room!" Phoenix throws a pillow at us as they enter the dorm.

"We have a room, now you get out." I throw the pillow back to them.

"It's okay, babe, I promise this won't happen during winter break." He whispers into my ear and I try my hardest to conceal my smile. Winter break is the only thing getting me through this hell – I mean exam week – at this point.

Week 19, Day 2:

It's Monday, December 14th. I have one more week of school and I still haven't broken the news to my parents that I'm not coming home for Christmas. I have my Chemistry exam in two hours and I spent most of the night studying for it.

I pull out my phone and dial in my mom's number, making sure to punch each number on my smart phone very slowly. I listen to the soft beeps as I pray that she won't pick up.